C3yoyodesign recommendation?

I don’t have any in my collection and wondering which ones you all enjoy? I don’t have any preferences or price range, just want to here opinions on them

1 Like

Speedaholic XX is my favorite plastic. That throw is super smooth and performs very well. Excellent construction. I have the light grey glow in the dark model. It’s my current 5A choice.

8 Likes

The entire Krown line is amazing. The Krown is the signature of Shinya Kido, whose previous signature was the legendary Sleipnir. That’s not to really compare the two yoyos, but if the man with the Sleipnir as a signature likes the Krown enough to call it his premier signature for almost a decade, you know it’s good.

I’d compare it to maybe being C3’s shutter. It’s light, nimble, has a very pleasant floaty feeling to it, and the rounded over rims make it one of the most comfortable V shapes I’ve ever used.

There’s also the Rooc which is a plastic/steel hybrid Krown. The Krown.st which is the bimetal version, and there’s some other variants too like the Railgun, Krown (2017) fingerspin, and ti Krown. It’s the C3 yoyo in my opinion.

The Galaxy series is also pretty amazing. It’s C3’s premier wide yoyo. It started with the Master Galaxy, got upgraded to the Re:Master Galaxy which was a 7XXX aluminum version, and then the Galaxy Diver which is a bimetal. The Neo Master Galaxy is super underrated in my opinion. If it’s in your budget personally I’d spend a bit extra and get a Galaxy Diver if this line is the most appealing to you. The Galaxy Diver is ridiculously stable and has a ton of power behind every throw, despite being 50mm wide. The Neo Master Galaxy pushes that width all the way to 53mm to be in line with the other Galaxy monometals, but it does sacrifice some stability and spin time for it. That being said the Neo Master Galaxy is a bit more nimble and has a more “fun” feeling in play. If you want performance go with the Galaxy Diver, if you want something just a little more fun that’s still no performance slouch, go with the Neo Master Galaxy.

Really those are my two recommendations. Get something from the Krown line or something from the Galaxy line, just depending on whichever fits your yoyo prefences more.

C3 is one of my favorite companies, and you won’t go wrong with anything you get. The Trion Crash seems kind of cool and is really unique, the Speedaholic XX is one of the best plastic yoyos ever made, the Bastet II is an incredibly capable organic that’s an evolution of their old Capless line. C3 is also kind of known for making hybrids since they’ve been doing it for so long. So you have a lot of options to pick from between the DiGamma Crash, Porycrash, Rooc, and Vapormotion (which is closer to something like the Sturm Panzer Yukiko than a typical hybrid).

Thinking about this more I’d actually just say buy a normal 6061 Krown. If you enjoy the baseline Krown, then you can consider trying out the variations. Their other models just cover such a wide variety of niches that I feel like you’ll already know which ones you’re interested in at a glance. I feel like it just kind of makes sense to try out their flagship first. If somebody asked you which single YYF you should try first, I feel like that just has to be the Shutter. That’s the Krown, and for what it’s worth, I like the Krown a whole lot more than the Shutter (which I think is an excellent yoyo on its own). They’re only 45 dollars so you don’t have a whole lot to lose by trying one.

C3yoyodesign did not pay me to make this post

20 Likes

I went quite a long time without any c3 in my collection. I dont know why coz my first one, the digamma crash is great! Very powerful and great in the hand!

2 Likes

Speedaholic XX is best plastic arguably

5 Likes

The Cyber Crash should be in everyone’s collection.

3 Likes

Digamma Crash is my favorite playing yoyo rn
Hydrogen Crash is a must get when it releases
The Krown series is really famous
The Robot slaps

You can’t really miss with modern C3 iirc so :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Everything c3 is amazing… not sure why the Radius hasn’t been mentioned yet but it’s so freaking good in every way. I have about a dozen c3s and they are all fantastic and worth every penny. Honestly pick the shape you like most and get that one.
If price really isn’t a concern just get yourself a Ti Krowm its a beast of a yoyo.

5 Likes

The Galaxy Diver Series both the 6061 and 7075 are wonderful and have incredible performance. I also really enjoyed the Railgun. It has a very light, fast, and maneuverable feeling. Everything from C3 is decently smooth as well. I don’t think they make any bad yoyos.

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all the responses! :grin: I’ll look and see which I think looks the best and just go for that one.

2 Likes

The regular krown is awesome!

2 Likes

I was a bit slow to discover how good C3 is but I’m very happy that I did.

Top left: Krown (YakiniKrown, special edition) awesome throw as stated previously. C3s bread and butter throw. Can’t go wrong with this one and it is budget friendly. This will handle anything I can throw at it with ease.

Top right: Omnitron Noah. Oh my. 6061 aluminum with Titanium rings. This thing is absolutely incredible. Powerful. Smoooooth. Amazing. Premium price though (Ti…)

Center: Pory Crash. Probably my favorite for 5A. wide and stable. very smooth.

Bottom left: Galaxy Diver 7075 v2. Incredible performance at a much better price point than the Noah. However, having both this one and the 6061…

Bottom Right: Galaxy Diver 6061. This is the one I would get if I were to pick just one and I didn’t want to spend the $$ on the premium Omni. I honestly like this one better than the 7075. I mean, the performance is the same to me and I actually prefer this one over the higher priced 7075. The dimensions are so very similar, I can’t tell the difference when I throw them back to back.

Good luck in your search.

Throw often.

kgb

kgb

5 Likes

Speedaholic XX is awesome, Speedaholic Max is awesomer but at a premium price.
I’d recommend a Speedaholic XX because I think everyone should have one of those in their collection. If you love it and feel like splashing more cash out for a high-rent version, the Max plays exactly like you’d expect a bimetal version of the Speedaholic XX to play.

Ivan

2 Likes

I can recommend pretty much depending on the shape and feel that you wish for.
For something fast and light : Krown, Laevateinn, Vanitas, Atomic Crash
For something rounded, maneuverable : Radius, Radius Nexus, Omnitron, Krown.ST
For wide and solid : Galaxy Diver
For wide and floaty : Re:Master Galaxy

This is from personal experience with their latest models, as I have these throws in my collection and really can’t go wrong with any :grin:

I like the omnitron (original)
the scocius is also way up there on my all time favorites
Hydrogen crash is good but I think I prefer the scocius and the Krown ST and radius 7068 are amazingly stable , fast and long spinning.

3 Likes

how would you compare the play between socius, hydrogen crash, and krown st 2021? hahaha

Hydrogen crash is very rim weighted ,it is a very interesting feeling because the thick steel rims make it feel heavier than it actually is. This gives it a very quick but stable play on the string.

The krown st 7068 that I have plays very fast it does not feel as heavy as the hydrogen crash but I think they have a similar weight. This is probably the fastest lightest playing of the yo-yos you asked about . Great yo-yo overall

The scocius is one of my current faves . It does everything well. The weight distribution is balanced better in my opinion. Still a lot of rim weight but also more mid and center weight. This gives it great binds . It spins for a long time and just does about everything really well.

5 Likes

which one do you like most for horizontals? and which one do you think is most competition/performance based? haha

1 Like

DiGamma Crash is my best performance throw. Its that good. Everyone should have a hybrid ( Digamma Crash or not)
Any Hybrid that shape and specs seem interesting to you- GET ONE

1 Like

That’s probably more of a preference thing. These are all “competition “ intended yo-yos . It really depends on your style . For horizontal I don’t know much but the few very basic combos I can do I would say they all perform just fine in that regard .

1 Like