C3 PoryCrash

Any thought on the new Pory Crash from c3?
I’m an intermediate player and i throw as a hobby/fun, I’m not into competition yoyo’s since i heard it’s kinda boring and it is designed purely for competing not for a fun throw.
I’m using a K’edge as the moment which is really great but i love me collecting and so i want to get a new one. ( I’m a huge fan of the hybrid yoyo’s i own hitman X and dark magic II )
Would you recommend the PoryCrash or there are some fun/unboring throws that i don’t have my eyes on ? Keep in mind that my budget is 80$ limit.

2 Likes

Iceberg is supposed to be reeeeealllly good. 60 dollars for literally 7 minutes of spin time. It’s crazy. The stability on it is also just insane. As for the proycrash, it’s more of a recent release so I have no idea if it’s as good as the iceberg.

1 Like

That’s interesting, i had my eyes on the iceberg a year ago or something but i totally forgot about it, the thing is im not a big fan of slim/angular yoyo’s im more into wide/beefy rims ( Kuntosh or the edge are my taste when it comes to design), that’s why the Pory caught my attention + it’s colours. But yes! The iceberg would be a good purchase.
Another consideration, are hybrids ( steel rings ) fragile ? Cuz i ding my yoyo’s pretty often :P.

2 Likes

I’d bet you’d like the OD Terrarian or Legendary Terrarian if you like Kedge and Kuntosh.

2 Likes

The Something IZM Slash is undersized and organic, that’s probably a fun hybrid yoyo?

2 Likes

Pory Crash is also really good by the way, but it’s definitely a more competition throw with the angular rims and wide trapeze width. The PC ones play lighter and faster than the POM ones.

3 Likes

That’s for sure ! Legendary Terrarian is one of my future must go, but as i said before my budget is limited to 80$ maybe 70 and im not an advanced player yet ( i do have some combos tho ). So i don’t want to cash money on something that my skill level won’t reach. To make it more clear i can’t own something just because i know it’s really good but in reality i won’t use it to its maximum just because I’m not there yet in terms of skills. So maybe i will consider OD terrarian in the next 8 months or so. But thank you so much for your recommendation.

1 Like

And this is exactly why hybrid ( steel rings ) are interesting, even more than bimetals. You have the rim weight for spin time/stability, but at the same time you have the fun plastic feeling to it. I think people should stop overrating bimetals and notice hybrids more.

I’ve found both for less on this bst! I’ll keep an eye out for you!

1 Like

I know you said plastic is more fun but I’d say the Galaxy Diver I played was infinitely better than the porycrash I had. Delrin wise I really enjoyed the Crazy-D and they have the glow in the dark yellow ones still.

The pom draupnir was great but I can’t find it anywhere to get in terms of hybrids.

1 Like