C13 (catch 13) review by yoyofactory

well, the c13. first thing,“wow the shape is sooo cool i love it!”. But then, after a while,… well i kinda got used to it so it’s just another yoyo. But, i will say some things about it. First of all, specs. weight, 63.40. average ish. width, 37.91. normal-thin. diameter, 50.47. small. gap width, 5.07. pretty wide. gap type, fixed like any other yyf yo. response, yyf silicone pads. Awesome ;D SPECS COLLECTED FROM YYN.

Ok first of all the shape. uh it’s an angular shape that curves down to the response, and there is a bit of a flat rim at the very top of the gap. pretty nice because i have small hands (hey i’m only 12) and they fit nice. Also feels good on my arm fo grinding. I did try putting stax on and they work fine, a little vibe. long stax, woooah huge vibe. tip tops and long stax… not even gonna go there.

Second, lets see, width. The width is ok a bit big. Don’t get me wrong, that’s what i said. Too wide for me. My preference is skinny, and with 37.91 width, a TAD too wide otherwise it’s ok.

Next, i’ll talk about diameter and weight. First, Diameter. OK, umm, er, it’s like the perfect diameter, but, well, idk it just doesn’t seem right. Sorry :frowning:
Weight, well at 63.40 it’s a bit light. But if you like that kinda weight that’s fine. I still like it’s weight, but at the lower weight, it kinda seems like somethings missing, sorta like the new breed.

And finally, the long spin they say it has. Well that spin is overrated, because when i get a perfect throw, the string will be at the side of the bearing in like 15 seconds. not that great. i’m guessing that it’s because of the extremely weighted rims that it’s like that. but eventually, during trix, it’s pretty smooth.

So, over all i guess i can recommend it to non-critics, unlike me and others. But, it’s still a great yoyo.

1 Like

Nice review.

Informative…excellent, however would be better to include pictures.

;D
~gorrilla_yo

1 Like

Pictures would be nice. Still, good review! :wink:

Can it take silicone?

Yup :wink:

No hate, but I think your writer’s voice should bea little more informative. But other than that, good work.

No hate, but this is an old reveiw. :wink:

@dizzo ‘s bst post got me looking for specs.

I wonder if @gostop266 still prefers yoyo’s less than 37mm in width!

Also, 10 year necro on the thread!

2 Likes

Pretty sure you just brought back the dead.

2 Likes

Lol!
Ive had a real love affair with this design. Ive had 3 c22s and maaany c13. Back in the day, i always said the c22 was the greatest yoyo ever made. Only prob i had, was that it was a tad heavy feeling. The c13 was a tad light. I still live it for its speed.
The yoyo is not super stable. This makes it a bit unforgiving.
After all these years, if i could only keep one, it would be from this design.
Man, i shoulda kept a c22.

2 Likes