Buying yoyos

Whenever I ask my mom or dad about buying a yoyo, they get mad. I use m own money, but they still get mad. I only buy one like every 3-4 months, but what can I do or say?

Just say it’s better than buying video games, computers, and really… there’s no harm in buying a yoyo.

Also, if you’d like, you can use our BST so you don’t have to keep buying new yoyos, instead you can trade your old ones for another persons.

Other than that… I really don’t know. My parents are like that too, but they don’t get mad, they just think it’s too much for a yoyo. So that’s why I only have 3 metals… and a total of 7ish. After 2 years. But honestly, there’s the rule of yoyoing. “Thou cannot use more than 2 yoyos at once” ;D

If I was buying a yoyo every 3-4 months, mine would probably be annoyed too. You don’t need to do it that often at all. Also the BST thing is a good idea.

agreed with the bst. I trade mine all the time with friends and others online. Saves money and gives some neglected throws a good home ;D

Sadly, most of you here are from the US, so the shipping cost itself can easily get me another yoyo…

I only buy MAYBE one yoyo that I really want once a year with my own money. Then, since my birthday is so close to Christmas, I get a total of maybe two or three for both of those occassions combined. My dad gets a little mad when I talk about a new release or something and my mom doesn’t really get angry, she just tries to reason me out of it. My parents think it’s a little much for a yoyo but once they accept the fact that it’s something you’re serious about, they’ll stop getting as mad. I think buying a new throw every three months would start to get me a little angry too if you were my kid. Just say to them, “Hey there’s this new yoyo that just came out, and not many yoyos stay in stock very long. I have the money to buy it and I’m REALLY serious about this hobby.” If they say no, I always pester them with stock updates like, “Only 5 more, Mom!”, or, “This is the last(or only) run they’ll make! They are going fast!” Like I said, once they accept that it’s something you want to persue in the future, they’ll back off.

Buying a New Throw every 4 Months, isn’t that Bad. If you think about it, that only 3 Throws a Year. If you ask me, Thats not too much at all. I usually get new YoYos Every 4 Moths, but there are a lot kids on this Forum that ask their Parents for a YoYo like Once or Twice a Month. As Long as you Pay for your Throws, and Only get New Throws 3 Times a Year, then it Shouldn’t be a Big Deal.
I also Pay for my YoYos. My Parents are also like that too. My Step Dad Hates YoYos, and my Mom doesn’t like me getting more Throws. But my Dad and Step Mom Understand me, and think that its a Good Thing to get YoYos a Few Times a Year. But as for your Parents, Just Explain to them that YoYoing is something you Like to do, and a Hobby that your gonna be doing for a Long Time. Just Tell them that is Important to you, and since its Your Money, you should be able to decide what to do with it. :wink:
-Cody Wright

Is that a challenge? :wink:

1 Like

Wait… wasn’t there a world record for this?

Haha we’re so off-topic, but it’s fine for a little bit. I believe the record is 7.

I thought Ben McFee had it at 9. I think I saw it in a Guinness World Record Book, but I’m not positive. EDIT 16 held by Ben McFee.