Buying yoyos - Is it a bad thing?

Learn the value of the dollar. Even that one dollar you spent on a McDonalds burger is still a lot of money. Once you start working, you’re trading hours to money and that will get you thinking on your spending habits. $8/hr [in California, at least, before taxes] - how many hours will you have to work for that sweet CLYW?

You still have loads of money that you get from your grandparents, it’s a lot better to just save it up. There will be that day that they’ll just stop giving you money because you got older or something…

Really pains me to lecture you like I’m an old man, but it’s better to learn early and learn how to control spending. Being a cheapass is not a bad thing.

Everything in moderation. Buying 5 yoyos or so a week is a possible sign of an addictive personality. Just be safe out in the world, it is very unforgiving.

Doing things is more fun than having things. I think it’s better to only have a few yoyos and be able to spend money on other things like vacations, trips, etc. You’ll be able to look back at your experiences and be glad they were varied.

With that said, I have well over 20 yoyos and it sure is fun collecting, buying selling trading, trying new throws. Nothing wrong with having a hobby, but keep it from becoming an unhealthy obsession.

Sounds like the perfect life if you ask me lol

1 Like

Thanks everybody, really. :slight_smile: I definitely won’t be buying any more, and I’ll be selling a couple to some friends. :slight_smile: i usually don’t go crazy like I did with yoyos. I guess it’s just easier to buy more when they’re cheaper.

Either way, everything said makes sense. I definitely fell into a bad habit with my yoyo purchases, but I’m done. Quitting cold turkey when it comes to buying new yoyos.

Again, thanks you guys. ;D

If you can do it with a clear conscience go for it.

When you start to ask of it’s okay… I think it’s time to sit back and make the decision of… “am I a collector… or can I just sell these and get my new flavor of the week” …

being able to afford it and spending your funds responsibly are two completely different things.

you may find that trading and trying out different yoyo’s is all you need and end up spending less in the long run.

My mom said she was going to ground me if I asked if if I can buy another yoyo again…