Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread 🦋 - More colours and special editions?

I’ve told myself to only hoard three unopened pinks of the ~15 I have been able to cop so far. The rest I’ll be offering up at some point to get to those who are unable to visit a Target. Just cost plus shipping as I’m not looking to make a profit. I initially planned to do it this weekend, but some things have come up. If anyone knows how to create an online survey with a limited number of responses, let me know! I think it would be the best way to do it.

Edit: Also a translucent aqua would be LIT. That swapped with pink would be slick. Also just black with black stamp would be slick. Murduh-fly.

8 Likes

@jakebullock If you’re still looking for one of the pink Butterflies.

4 Likes

He will be taken care of, thanks for pointing him to me!

2 Likes

Your wish is my command! Let there be wood!

40 Likes

This is great. Maybe you could engrave a butterfly on it.

2 Likes

ooooooooooooooooh…

2 Likes

when do the axle kits go on sale? I need like 10, lol.

I wish duncan release new mod spacers so I can mod my BF XT for fun.

3 Likes

Would like to see some opaque color swirls, glitter, and pearlescent plastic halves. Neon colors. Translucent Yellow.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the caps on the new psychedelic Butterfly re-issues can come off (and be swapped)?

1 Like

Haven’t figured out a good way to do it yet but i believe its possible, working on a tool to pull the axle from a half…

1 Like

Since i have alot of axles that are cutting strings, i tried my hand at modding one, to see if i could make a concave axle as well as fix these parts for better performance…used a drill as a “lathe”, with a file cutting this dished shape. Will report back once its put into a body…

17 Likes

Had forgot about this, but I had sent @bjardin this when it came out, but I’d LOVE to have this on a Butterfly. And The Grateful Dead license most anything, can’t imagine it’s super pricey either knowing some of the small brands that have license for a product.

5 Likes

So hoping i have earned enough cred to call myself a Butterfly Hype-beast with the addition of these mods, starting to love my new addiction.

I got some beat up old 80s butterflies, a purple Mexican and a red from the same era. The purple axle was a nightmare, basically rendered it unplayable. The red was beat as well, alot of damage in the gap walls tho the axle was nice but slid right out of the halfs like butter.

So i took the nice axle and put it in the purple Mexican with a little superglue to hold proper gap. Wanted to keep it original as possible. Plays like a new one now. The red one i pulled the caps since the graphic was in pretty nice shape, and with a little sanding, fit the old red caps on a new mold red body. Plays fantastic as well.

As far as my experimental concave axle, it feels smooth on the string but response is missing something, it likes to sleep when im trying to loop but i think its cuz one half is not fully seated properly so gap is a pinch too wide. I made this one for another test at some point…

18 Likes

Just picked up my Target pink Butterfly’s. Got a blue one from the new mold as well. I really like it. Any difference in play with the psychedelic model? I ordered one of those this weekend too.

2 Likes

I notice no diference in play personally.

3 Likes

Got this one from a children’s museum in Baraboo. Where I believe some butterfly’s were made at the Flambeau Plastics plant.

14 Likes

Couple new ones to the collection. Finally broke down and bought one of the General Mills Cocoa Puffs glow in the dark Butterflies. May be the closest I’ll ever get to finding an original gitd Butterfly. And a new Psychedelic Butterfly.

17 Likes

Player editions cont.

11 Likes

Butterfly jamz

12 Likes