Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

A year ago I got this gold and white butterfly from the bst. My son saw me open it and asked if he could have it and I obliged.

I havenā€™t been able to buy any new yoyos for a while and was getting depressed. I decided to ask for the Butterfly if he wasnā€™t using it and he gave it back then this happened.

Turns out its a Markmont. I didnā€™t know Markmont Butterflys existed until this weekend when my friend @anon48177792 got an awesome black and gold one. Looking at this yoyo in a different light changed it from a giveaway to one of my favorites. May be a life lesson in there somewhere.

16 Likes

Iā€™m glad I could help you find that out brother @TommyBwell

3 Likes

Not sure if youā€™re pointing out that the cap popped out a little. That happened on mine but it popped back in pretty easily.

1 Like

The logo changes color with light changes.

1 Like

@anon48177792 is such a solid dude. The two of you are some of the best on the forums.

7 Likes

I sincerely appreciate that. I sometimes worry Iā€™m just the ā€œthatā€™s really great grandpaā€ guy. I sure enjoy this place though.

10 Likes

Thank you gentlemen I appreciate the kind words @BassistDotNerd & @TommyBwell

4 Likes

Does the Butterfly Psychedelic have graphics on both sides or only one?

Both sides

1 Like

I just got this black butterfly and it came out of the box with one cap off and it was warped. It snapped back into place but I have some long term concerns. Thoughts?

Edit: Disregard. They are swapping out the yoyo. I started wondering about the seat and if an issue there might be the reason it came off. They must have thought the same thing. They were sending me a new cap but emailed back for a swap.

4 Likes

Hair Dryer, Heat up and press flat?

1 Like

Contact Sean! Heā€™d be happy to replace those.

5 Likes

When I took the caps out of my butterfly they warped after sitting out for a day or two.

Iā€™m not looking for replacements or anything since I like throwing the butterfly without caps but why does this warping happen? Is it an environmental thing? Are thinner cuts prone to this?

3 Likes

@bjardin Iā€™m having the same issue with both of my Butterfly AL caps after a few months. My clear was like thst out of the box. I have already tried pressing them flat with weights but I will have to try this:

but its not just that my caps are warped, I only have one set of decals and I already applied them. Maybe heat with help.

1 Like

I figured it popped out and just warped in the early summer heat. I have three others that I rotate out every day two and they are all tight. I never considered pulling them off because I preferred them on with stickers.

1 Like

just got some butterflys any have never modded so cinda need some pointers
looking to make it good for long string unresponsive and have 3d printed some copper weights

1 Like

I have at least 4, and itā€™s still as is. Maybe stored room temp? It could also be the smaller tolerance of the cap as well.

Happy to send replacement if needed.

1 Like

Happy to replace. Trying to figure out the cause of this issue as well.

2 Likes

Maybe this would be a good time to release the new Unknown caps???

2 Likes

Has anyone who never pulled their caps off have an issue? Mine are all tight and flat with regular use.

1 Like