Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

oh I thought they shared the same standard colors as the imperial.

Looking at Duncans site they list the Fuschia (pink) under the Imperials but not under the butterfly

4 Likes

Wow Toys R Us still exists over there? You are very lucky, Iā€™m pretty sure in the states they closed all their locations like 6 years ago.

3 Likes

Really? I thought the toys r us in america made a come back few years ago. But yeah here in the Philippines its still going strong next to its rival store called toy kingdom.

1 Like

Yes pink is standard for Imperials but special for butterflies. We also still have Toys R Us in Canada. :relieved:

3 Likes

After scrolling around on Google maps Iā€™m actually seeing there are still a handful scattered around the country still. The closest one to me is 290 miles away lol. They used to be everywhere though. One in every city. Now they are just a tiny little nook inside of some Macyā€™s stores.

Edit: Apparently these locations are a new thing as of the past year or so. Heck yeah! I hope they come back!

1 Like

I got one. Sadly off amazon but thatā€™s the only place I could find it.

11 Likes

As s former toys r us employee, seeing the brand try to come back in the US is bittersweet, being stuck in a little corner at macys store is kinda sad to me, but hopefully it can build itself up to its former glory.

6 Likes

My buddy was a seasonal employee at one and said it was the worse job he ever had. That being said, I loved Toys R Us.

Ahh, that makes sense.
Anyway, Iā€™m really happy that the new mold Butterflies are available in physical stores over here. Something about it excites me. :smile:

4 Likes

I just checked and Duncan has the pink Imperial for $5.49. It will not let me type the actual color fu chsia

4 Likes

yep it auto blurs it but what I do is to mispell it like fuschia

1 Like

Are you planning on collecting all of the standard BT colors?

1 Like

No, Iā€™m happy with the pink and psychedelic that I have.
I just remember the times when I wanted to get back into yoyoing, but couldnā€™t find any in toy stores.
Itā€™s cool that theyā€™re available to the public. People may randomly pick them up and have a really nice yoyo to play with. They make awesome gifts too!

3 Likes

Question for you butterfly hypebeasts. I love my butterfly, I just wish it was a bit more consistently snappy. Has anyone found a yoyo thatā€™s very similar to the butterfly but with better response?

I played Butterflies with the axle double wrapped for a long time. I found it could still sleep but also had a snappy response.

Edit: I guess I didnā€™t answer your question. I think a lot of wood fixies deliver a snappier response. The Manta Ray is plastic body with a wood axle and the Legend Wing is all wood. I assumed your question implied a similar budget, and both of those are around $10.

5 Likes

I was more so referring to similar shape and weight with just more reliable response but same amount of sleep time. I love my ProFly, itā€™s probably the closest I have, but the shape has more of an H to it.

2 Likes

I stand by my recs.

Butterfly, Manta Ray, Legend Wing.

The Manta Ray is a tiny bit slimmer and has the cap noticeably recessed under the sides.

10 Likes

Oh boy the Manta Ray may be just what Iā€™m looking for. Whatā€™s the weight like compared to the butterfly?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a little heavier. It has metal weight rings under the caps.

1 Like