Burnside vs. Code 1

So I have a Code 1 and Dang. I like them both a lot, but the Code 1 has a little bit of an awkward shape for me. I hear nothing but great things about the Burnside, but the shape seems somewhat similar to the Code 1. Looking to hear opinions from someone who has tried both the Code 1 and Burnside. Which do you prefer? Is it worth buying a Burnside if you already have a Code 1? BTW, I like the Code 1 best with ultralights and Konkave bearing.

I have a Code 1. I’m getting a Burnside.

Make of that what you will. I’m doing it anyways.

If weight is a concern of yours (You said you liked Ultralights Side Effects.) check the weight difference.

Code 1: 64 Grams (With standard Side Effects.)

Burnside: 67 Grams (And has no Side Effects so that’s as light/heavy as it gets.)

Although how I feel about weight is it really is how it’s distributed.

(Example my XL [73.3 Grams] feels a bit lighter then my BOSS [65.3 Grams].)

So in the end it’s up to you, but a word of advice from me is to check out as many different brands as you can.

Burnside gets my vote.
Code 1 plays nice but Burnside is 20$ cheaper for the same results.

If your still looking for suggestions I have both and though they have similar shape I think you will find the play much different. The code1 is lighter than the Burnside and it does play nice but the Burnside is just an awesome player, a true no frills competition grade throw. It feels completely different imo on the throw and the weight and balance is perfect. I would pickone up if you don’t like it you will have no problem selling or trading it on the forum! Its worth a shot :slight_smile:

Burnside all the way

Great, thanks for the replies!

I completely agree with checking out as many different brands as possible. I’ve been purposely restricting my responses for people who are specifying certain things and working within those parameters.

I think I’m gonna throw around my Code 1 the rest of the night. I can’t wait to get more One Drops! Once the Code 2 drops, that’s gotta get in my hands. One of my friends on here had a tester to use and he said it was great. While our preferences vary a bit, we both agree on the One Drop brand.

I am now the proud owner of both. Code1 and a Burnside - just got the Burnside today and been playing it all night. The Burnside does feel heavier (because it is) - I have brass side effects in my C1, which brings it pretty close to the Burnside weight- but the C1 still feels lighter. In my earlier forum days I would ask similar questions and get responses like - get what you want… like that’s helpful.

My take, Code1 feels good, feels smaller/lighter than it actually is. Burnside has heft. I really like both, but I’m betting I’ll be spending more time with my C1 - that is until the Code2 comes out - I was at the One Drop shop today to show my son, picked up the Burnside while I was there (sweet splash, most made headed for Japan, but David had one I could grab)… anyhow, got to play with a Code2 (and a few other up and comers) and can’t wait, it just might break my unhealthy obsession for my C1, and stimulate further neglect of my other throws (they’re ready to leave me, I just know it).

Yes, the C1 is more - but with that more you’re getting the side effect axle system - which is solid genius. Everything screws into proper place (I’m always a bit off with my DM2 if the axle comes out), the addition of the O-Ring on the effect ensures snug fit. It does give you an easy way to dial in a weight on the micro level, and adds that slight mod-ability feel. And while some might disagree - I think the spike side effect is punk rawk!

So if you don’t want to wait a few more weeks for the Code2, get a Code1 . If you really want that out of the box weight, get a Burnside (and tuck that extra money you would have spent on the Code1 away, start seeding for Code2 )

Hope it helps… if all else fails, get the pretty one :wink: that’s the advice my little girl gives me when she sees me flipping between web pages and descriptions…

Thanks for the advice. I actually have a rather large yoyo collection with many different brands. I have been fortunate enough to try many different throws as well. I am a pretty big One Drop fan, but I also love Spyy and Yoyofactory. (at least these brands dominate the majority of my collection) It sounds like the Burnside is fairly similar to the Code 1… I think I will have to pick up a Code 2 though! :slight_smile:

i like them both, but for different reasons

burnside for the unbelievable spin times and stability. great for learning tricks when you need those things and also helps to play a little slower, but it can play faster…though itll never be a zippy feeling throw like a dietz. You can definitely feel the inertia moving from string hit to string hit (not referring to polar moment of inertia)

code 1, I like it most so far with the ultra lights. maybe ~80% as stable and as much spin time as the burnside. To me, its a little more fun to play, more lively on the string, easier to play faster. Cant help but think how much more awesome this would have been had the base weight just been a little higher. Even still, its just the most fun yoyo I have in my very very small collection of modern yoyos. (named 3/4 in this post)

I play the burnside more when im learning new things and the code1 when I know them and want to work a little bit on speed and flow. If I had to pick one, it would probably be the code1…though I really really want a code2. Thinking it could be exactly what i want.