Burnside 20/20?

Has anyone tried it? Trying to decide between it and the free solo but their doesn’t seem to be much here on the forum or in the web to help me decide. The pics they give really aren’t the best to see the cup and stuff either

2 Likes

It’s great, but I like the Free Solo better. Can’t go wrong either way. Finish is nice on both (OD has upped their game on this front lately). Both grind and fingerspin pretty well, but matador is possible on the Free Solo. Burnside is a bit more rounded and has a touch more float. Both are long spinning and stable.

7 Likes

What about it do you like better if you can put it into words? Just the weight? Or the finish? Might end up grabbing the free solo then I missed the first run and then saw hey had the burnside and they look damn close from pic

Whoops saw the edit

3 Likes

I own both. Free Solo without a doubt or question in my mind is a better throw. Burnside 20/20 is great but is not as wide and plays a touch heavier than the FS. Also I feel as though the Free Solo is definitely more comfortable in hand and returning to the hand due to the more pronounced edges on the Burnside 20/20. Here’s some some comparison pics for you.

7 Likes

I am in the minority - I own both but prefer the burnside :confused:

3 Likes

I think I’m sold on the free solo… appreciate y’all crazy how helpful this community is😄

I have both also. I guess I am the minority here but I think the burnside is way better for my tastes .

I personally like yo-yos that are not so wide . I also love the stability with the rim weight . The slightly larger diameter gives it a nice feel on the string . I don’t think you can go wrong with either it’s going to depend on your preference.

If you like heavier yo-yos you will love this because it gives the nice weighted feel but doesn’t feel so clunky .

If you prefer wider yo-yos with thinner walls then I would go with the free solo.

3 Likes

I’m really in the minority, I prefer the original actually.

3 Likes

Burnside GZR for the win!

3 Likes