What are you throwing in 2021?

@hobby_master - Here’s some thoughts and a comparison between the two (with pics, if you go to the post) I made back in January:

Nearly a year later, I will say that the Burnside is growing on me more and more. It kinda just sat for awhile, but I’m realizing the more I use it that it’s a very powerful and fast spinning throw - even more so than the Free Solo. I’d also say due to the rim weight, it’s a bit more stable as well. In my pic above your comment you’ll notice how the Free Solo’s weight is pushed towards the middle, and the Burnside’s is pushed towards the edge. Someday I hope they make a “rim weighted” version of the Free Solo, ideally an inner ring bi-metal version - I think it would absolutely just KILL everything else (and they could call it the Free Duo! [sorry, dumb bimetal joke]). With all that said, I still pick up my Free Solo more - I just find it more comfortable and more “relaxed” feeling (in the best possible way) than the Burnside 20/20 - but not so relaxed that it can’t be pushed to go fast. I still contend that the Free Solo is the best non-organic monometal you can buy right now.

6 Likes