What are you throwing in 2021?

I will for sure, ty again :grin:

3 Likes

Today’s lineup

29 Likes

I love the freesolo, how do you compare the Burnside 2020 to it?

3 Likes

@hobby_master - Here’s some thoughts and a comparison between the two (with pics, if you go to the post) I made back in January:

Nearly a year later, I will say that the Burnside is growing on me more and more. It kinda just sat for awhile, but I’m realizing the more I use it that it’s a very powerful and fast spinning throw - even more so than the Free Solo. I’d also say due to the rim weight, it’s a bit more stable as well. In my pic above your comment you’ll notice how the Free Solo’s weight is pushed towards the middle, and the Burnside’s is pushed towards the edge. Someday I hope they make a “rim weighted” version of the Free Solo, ideally an inner ring bi-metal version - I think it would absolutely just KILL everything else (and they could call it the Free Duo! [sorry, dumb bimetal joke]). With all that said, I still pick up my Free Solo more - I just find it more comfortable and more “relaxed” feeling (in the best possible way) than the Burnside 20/20 - but not so relaxed that it can’t be pushed to go fast. I still contend that the Free Solo is the best non-organic monometal you can buy right now.

6 Likes

The free solo is sooo good. Its like it has a little gyro stabilizer inside…

4 Likes

Here are some recent additions to the case.

Custom exotic wood fixie from @RC_yo-yo

SoSerious Chronos

Few and Far Between Elysium

Heaven Sent Creep

One Drop Legendary Terrarian

27 Likes

It’s good! The finish is extra-matte, somewhat like Atmos does.

30 Likes

This will be my Throwtation™ today because I wanted to take this photo. Top to bottom:
Kun
Loonie
Popstar (raw)
OG Terrarian
Mega Crash

31 Likes

Man! Your picture really brings out that Mars red from the Elysium. Love it!

4 Likes

I am glad to see the burnside is growing on you . Burnside is one of my favorite mono metals

2 Likes

Woo!! Yeah the finish on these is GODLY

3 Likes

I see where that Creep went. Let me know if you’d rather have a clear one and a couple bucks for your troubles.

2 Likes

MFD BSP & SW BloodCell on my desk.

22 Likes

It’s a little early to be setting up x-mas trees don’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I thought that too so I tried to get the Halloween banner behind it, lol.

4 Likes

What can I say I like pocket throws :grin::grin:

17 Likes

I‘d snag both of those without even hesitating! :heart:

2 Likes

After having it a little while, what do you think? I’m going to be making a larger run with different woods and styles very soon. Is there anything in your opinion that I could do different to make a better or more desirable design? I’m going to try at least some without the axle being visible. I like the response so I’m going to keep the gap and axle the same.
Great pictures

4 Likes

This week’s line up
Aitch / Creep / Ywet

30 Likes

I would increase the width and diameter overall, and maybe widen the catch zone a little bit as well. I love the way it plays now. It just seems a bit on the small side compared to what I’m used to. I really don’t do more than a handful of basic 0A tricks and the occasional loop or two, but I have big hands, and I think making it slightly bigger will be awesome. Definitely don’t change the gap or response, because this thing is snappy!

7 Likes