Brent stole

Any tips on this trick? It is very frustrating. Hook was easy but this, Not so much.
Thanks

This really helped me get it.

1 Like

First for me it was easy to learn (then again I accidentally learned it on accident.) but I found when mastering it I helps to aim for the back string and curl your back finger.

Like Abby, curling the back finger helped me. I hook the string segment moreso than just put my forefinger out there.

Then, a real exaggerated and conscious effort to start with my THROW hand back from the yoyo and move it forward. There’s a good 8 inches of movement when I do that.

For the longest time, I had a brain block and I kept moving my NON-THROW hand forward. I just wasn’t “getting” what I needed to do and I kept practicing it wrong. The day I went, “Greg, you fool. It’s your THROW hand that you move forward” I landed Brent Stole several times.

Oh shoot, you’re supposed to mov your throwhand? :o I guess that’s why I only land it 10% of the time, I always moved my nonthrowhand :stuck_out_tongue:

I would pop it up about chest level, and kinda push your throwhand out so the string goes into the gap a little easier

Wow, this trick is crazy, this is one that Iskipped over for a long time. I just though, nah, iI can do ninja vanish, wrist whip to get, etc. Then I read this earlier and dedicated my day to mastering it, well I just figured it out and can do it 70percent of the time, and man that’s a crazy maneuver of the string.

Top-down showing the NTH pointer-finger “hook”.