brand new northstar right out of the box with holes in it?

i just got an orange northstar as a present and when i open the package i see 3 holes on each side, all in a triangular shape around the center of the yoyo. they are small but not flush with the rest of the surface, iv tried sanding it a but and it helped but its still not a as good as it cold be, anybody know what happened in production to make those holes or didi this happen to anyone else? (pics comming soon)

those are just leftover marks from the molding process that YYF now does with plastics. They do not affect play at all, and are just something to ignore… enjoy your new yoyo

1 Like

but there not left over bumps of plastic, there holes.

yeah, that’s what I mean. It’s a result from the molding. Some northstars have them, while others don’t. If they really bother you, contact yyf, and see what they can do

Alot of different plastic have them. As Preinfalk stated, it’s part of the molding process. You can see similar holes on YYJ Bi-metals such as the Black Knight.

1 Like

The holes are also a reinforcement, they serve as tunnels so the vibe of the impact exits when hit against something. It prevents them from cracking easily.

Dont quote me on that though :stuck_out_tongue:

they have those same holes on a yellow protostar i just bought. still plays like a dream so don’t worry about it

After having several (4) broken nstars i believe that they are there, as said before, to reinforce the throw. The others did not have the holes in them and that could be why they broke. The newest ones do have holes in them tho so its probably a new addition. Great throw tho. happy tossin’

holes… to let out the vibe… ???

No, that won’t do anything. They’re just flaws. Some Northstars have them, and some don’t. Mine has them, and it doesn’t affect play. As another person said, all you have to do is ignore them.

someone forgot to read the description…

No, they’re mold marks.

What people don’t seem to grasp is that, when making molded yoyos, it’s not going to be the exact same look as if it was a machined version of it. When you make a mold of something, you have to have a way to allow the plastic into the mold. The holes are part of this process, and if I’m not mistaken, are where the plastic is injected.

Please correct me if I’m wrong here.