review on YYF NorthStar.

okay, so heres my yoyo review on the YoYoFactory NorthStar. First of, its an H Shaped yoyo, and its plastic, the bearing size is C and the bearing is a center Trac bearing, which is similar to a KonKave. the object of the CT is to keep the string in the middle of the yoyo away from the response system. It was created for yyfs Jensen Kimmitt who recently won the worlds yoyo contest with this. The price is 35 dollars, and JK proves you dont need 100 dollar yoyo to win worlds. but anyways, its a large yoyo, pretty good sized gap, and the weight is 69 grams,i it has metal weight rings on the side for long sleeping times, my sleep time so far for it is about 4 minutes, but thats with a good throw. its very worth its price, And also it is Nonresponsive. that was the goods, the only bad thing is theyre known for cracking but if you dont hit it on the ground or overtighten, you will be just fine. In MY OPINION i give it a 8/10 performance. i would reccomend this in your collection. And check our videos out at www.youtube.com/yym101. thanks!

Not to be mean, but that wasn’t a review. That was you giving facts about it that could be found by looking at the Northstar page in the shop section, ended with saying you liked it. Look at other reviews to see what they’ve done please.

Northstar… H-shape? i dont think so.

orly?

1 Like

That is wrong. If that was the case then wouldn’t this be H-shaped as well?

H-shaped yoyos are supposed to be like this:

There is supposed to be something protruding out of the yoyo, unlike the Northstar.

1 Like

No it’s knows as the “Imperial shape”
The Northstar and Genesis fall under the “h-shape” category
can’t you see the “something protuding” on the northstar mainly in the rim area?

back on topic: the review sounds like a report. you got 90% facts 10% opinion. it should be the other way around :slight_smile:

That was exactly the reason why I pointed it out. That it not the way to see if a yoyo is h-shaped, since the Sunset Trajectory is not h-shaped, yet it fits the markings.

Nope. As for Genesis, the protrude is very defined; there is a vertical ‘wall’ where the metal protrudes.
For the Northstar, there is only a change in angle, so it is not classified as h-shaped.

With the misunderstandings cleared, let’s go back on topic…

Here are some tips to improve this review:

1. Try to elaborate more on how the size, weight, weight distribution, and shape affect the overall “feel” of the yoyo. Remember, besides telling us the advantages, at the same time, explain how the same specs can also be a disadvantage. For example, while a big yoyo can catch string tricks well, it can make it more difficult for the player to do technical tricks that have small string segments.
  2. You should remove the rating system, as no yoyo is better than the other (it is all about a player’s preferences). Instead, tell us the kind of preferences that this yoyo fits. For example, you can say, "This yoyo is great for people who like a heavy yoyo with a round butterfly shape.
  3. Try to compare this yoyo with the yoyos you already have, again in terms of size, weight, weight distribution, and shape.

Try to take note of these points the next time you do a yoyo review. :wink:

okay, well its not considered to be an H shaped yoyo, but its pretty close to it people. so this was my first review, sorry i didnt make all of you people happy. haha.

I always thought the northstar was in fact h shape and I’m pretty sure other people consider it h shape also. I mean, what shape would it be if it weren’t for H?

“other”

Look at the difference in the shapes based on these two sites:

The Genesis is classified as h-shaped, while the Northstar is classified only as ‘butterfly’.

I hate the northstar its cheap… The axle strips…

Can you fell the weight between a Northstar and a Protostar when you play it?

Im going to tell you what I think of YYF…  Ready For This???

I feel a lot of yyf throws are really cheap. Such as

• North Star, Protostar, GM2 or 1, DV888, and etc.

The reason I feel this way is because I have YYF throws and I’ve thrown a lot of there yoyos. To me they got cheap. All there yoyos are cheap china metal and there all made in china; if your chinese sorry to offend you. I got a GM2 a while back and I was stoked to get and when I played it; I was very disappointed. I also thrown a Dv888 a while back and I wasn’t impressed either. I also think hubstacks are kind of wack; reason being it usually puts vibe on the throw. You can’t even use them in competitions anyways. I feel that there 130 dollar throws with hubstatcks are not worth it for that reason.

I will say there Primo, Rock Star, Gneiss, and the pop star are the best yoyos they probably have.

Sorry if I offended anyone; its just my opinion.

Oh really.
One quick example.

1 Like

Yeah 2007 was the same year Yuuki won and he had hubstacks. Im pretty sure after 2007 your couldn’t use hubstacks anymore. Didnt they say it was yoyo discrimination or something??? I could be wrong; im not sure, but thats what I have been told.

Nope, perfectly legal.

ALL axles strip.

it is totally h shape matt brought it to school and i saw it most definately h shape

Axles don’t just strip. People strip them.

Have Fun,
Java

1 Like