Brainstorming a Ti-Vayder logo

When you take a previously designed object and accurately copy its design (he meticulously measured actual Ti-Walkers), you are inevitably stealing the design. China is known for doing this type of thing on a grand scale in many different fields, and I don’t think anyone would refer to them as anything other than stolen designs. Copies. Knockoffs. The only thing they don’t do is try to improve upon the original, and that is literally the only difference in this case. Id agree that things look like they are moving along more smoothly and rightly, but this lack of respect for Heath’s design would only have been possible because of his scarred past. I don’t think people should fool themselves, and im saying this in respect to similar things that may happen in the future: this is design theft and SHOULD be frowned upon despite the intentions. Original designers should be respected. Get their consent before you begin projects like this.

If you want to call me out on flawed logic, please do so. I think you are the one with an illogical perspective.

Dude, this yoyo so blatantly and intentionally copies the Ti-Walker design in a way that is practically a reproduction. This is not a yoyo that was designed to be anything other than a Ti-Walker clone with minor adjustments. Taking influence from (like what most yoyo manufacturers do) is not the same thing as directly copying a design.

Here is the evidence for intent. Just look at the rest of the post. The entire point of it was to re-create the Ti-Walker. This is so damn obvious that I feel like a sailor trying to convince his crew that the ocean is made of water.

2 Likes