Bootleg Yoyos

i agree as well.
here, in my country, where people dont make so much money, buying bootleg is one option to have an ‘enough’ quality yoyo.

some of my friend say, with buying an aoda rainbow, you will get like 70% play of an 888 with only 25% the price.
so, they go for it. but most of the time, those bootleg is not as though as the real thing, they wooble easily with only a few ding.
some of my fried who really got serious switch to non bootleg yoyo after they got really good.
i dont think its all a bad thing.

as for the design, patent is sometimes got really annoying.
because with patent, the details of the object is count.
change the minor detail, than you cant be sued.
i think… :stuck_out_tongue:

but i will still get mad if my design is copied.
if i have a design that is, i dont have one anyway.
:-[

actually, there is no copywrite infringement on the use of hypertext.
It’s just like havin a yoyo patented and someone playing using it.
It’s only copywrite infringement if you either
A) try to copy it exactly
B) Make money off of something that is supicously close in design.
And as far as I know, nobody has made money off of the use of hypertext on a site.

And also, the term butterfly was under a patent for the longest of times, but Duncan allowed that Patent to expire. (Am I right, correct me if not).

Are you sure it’s a DM clone Mrcnja?

Yes.

Really we must ask ourselves what is the right thing to do? What is good and fair? Bootlegging yo-yos, or any product for that matter, is barely legal. Yo-yo designs are not protected by patents. Some of the parts or key designs may be patented but the overall design is not. This allows companies such as Auldey and Aoda to bootleg yo-yos. The only thing they can’t do is sell the yo-yo in the US market with concave bearings or hubstacks. Still, is that an o.k. practice even though they aren’t breaking any laws? Of course it isn’t. They are stealing the design of other companies and selling it as their own. But, mrcnja, they sell a lower quality product for a cheaper price. So, just because they make a lower quality product means they can copy a design? Quality is a fine thing to copy because in reality all companies should strive for the same thing, a high quality product. Design, on the other hand, is a creative possession owned by the company.

Everyone should also take a look at Andre’s thoughts on the matter.

Link doesn’t work for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,12930.msg132286.html#msg132286

Already fixed, Icthus.

I’ve made no mention of copyright infringement.
You don’t need to be making money off of anything to be sued.
Claiming to be a non-profit or not-for-profit doesn’t protect you from lawsuits.
All patents expire eventually.
Terms are trademarked, not patented.

See this patent on markup languages by i4i: http://www.google.com/patents?id=y8UkAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Plenty of people use hypertext to make money.
You don’t think people make money off websites?
How do you think ads are displayed?
Hypertext is widely used commercially, retail websites (that includes yoyoexpert), company websites, any site that advertises something that you buy, any website that sells something.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

AFAIN: Auldey promotes yoyoing and sponsors contests in Asia.

yes they are.
there are a lot of people started to yoyo because auldey promote their blazing teens and yoyoing.