The Hobbit
The God Delusion
Fahrenheit 451
The Martian Chronicles
The Rest is Noise
Stranger in a Strange Land
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

1 Like

I can talk comics for DAYS. Right now my favorites are Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Harbinger, XO Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot, Danger Club, Manhattan Project, Near Death, Saga, Thief of Thieves, Daredevil, Secret Avengers, Hellraiser, Revival, Earth 2, All Star Western, and Shade. I know I’m forgetting a few, but it’s late and I’m exhausted.

1 Like

My mom had help me understand the ending. It is crazy! And sad…

1 Like

I noticed Yhsf included “The God Delusion” in his list. In service to equal time to an opposing viewpoint here are some personal preferences from my library:

No Place for Truth or Whatever Happened to Evangelical Theology

The Death of Death in the Death of Christ

Bondage of the Will

Charity and It’s Fruits

Now before anyones collar begins to heat up, I’m just engaging in jovial banter. No need to flame away at a theological debate here at YYE now.

1 Like

Actually, the Lord of the Rings isn’t a trilogy. Its a novel composed of 6 books. The first two are called the fellowship of the ring, the 3rd and 4th the two towers, and the last two, the return of the king.

1 Like

Your right. Always forget that when I talk about LOTR. Trilogy just sounds better in my mind… idk

1 Like

I read Michael Chriton. My favorite by him is Timeline.
Phillip K. “Richard”. enjoy his short stories such as second variety and hanging stranger.
I love tolkein especially the lord of the rings.
I enjoy C.S. lewis’s screwtape letters.
I like the lord of the flies.
the poetry of shel silverstien- you never get too old for it.

1 Like

Sort of like Asimov’s Foundation Trilogy. After the first 3 books he wrote 4 more, and someone else wrote 3 more after he died. Subsequently it’s been called the Foundation Series.

1 Like

Hunger games all the way if you haven’t read it your screwed that and the harry potter books those are all good books plus the Narnia series and hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

1 Like

There’s a lot of truth tucked in those pages. Did you know Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkein were close friends? Also, C.S. Lewis died on the same day J.F.K. was shot so it received nearly no news coverage.

1 Like

The Chronicles of Narnia are good too. They’re pitched as children’s books but I think they’re good. Must be my simple mind.

1 Like

If you attempt to comprehend the analogies expressed in Lewis’ work it very quickly moves out from under the guise of children’s literature and merits deeper contemplation. The same holds true for Tolkein’s books.

1 Like

Totally agree.

1 Like

They are so good.

C.S. Lewis was a really good writer.

1 Like

anything and everything by Douglas Adams

1 Like

Totally agree

1 Like

Ic you like that try the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy it is the funniest space book ever!!!

1 Like

All 5 are good…I don’t count the sixth as part of the trilogy because Douglas didn’t get to finish it. RIP Douglas Adams

1 Like

Powering through “A Feast For Crows” right now (4th book in “A Song of Ice and Fire” series). Just can’t get into it like I did with every other book. It’s like the book is about every character that I don’t care for.

Also I’m reading Candide by Voltaire for school.

1 Like

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
Anything written by John Green (Except for Will Greyson. Will Greyson, that was a horrendous excuse for a novel)
Anything by Scott Westerfeld.