Boing-E-Boing

I’ve been having an inordinate amount of trouble learning Boing-E-Boing.

I’ve followed the tutorials on yoyo expert.

I’ve been practicing on a DMII and a Surge.

It really is all about the rhythm. It was an extremely hard one for me to get. You can try starting off very slow and barely bouncing the yo-yo between the two strings then gradually build up speed and bounce. Practice is the main element. Good luck buddy.

What made it work for me is a combination of things:

1. Get into position and start moving that TH finger up and down. At some point, you’ll sort of see and feel what’s supposed to happen, but it won’t really be “working” yet. You’ll just have a yoyo sort of jiggling between your string segments.

2. Practice going from split bottom confidently into the underpass that puts you in position. When I say “confidently”, what I mean is that you should become fluid enough that as you “roll” from split bottom into that underpass it should hit the forward string firmly.

#1 just sort of helps you understand why the finger moves up and down so rapidly when the yoyo seems to be moving relatively slowly

#2 is in my opinion a requirement to get this trick. Too many people just “get into position” and try to boing a stationary yoyo. It doesn’t work. You need the momentum from #2 in order to really get it going.

also how I learned boing-e-boing in1a was the help of 4a boing-e-boing. with the wider larger yoyo I was able to get the feel much better and helped very much, and now when I move to 1a to do boing-e-boing it is much smoother and i hit it enough to were i am satisfied.

Maybe this tut I made will help http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh636/andy5692/th_IMG_1638.jpg
Might upload it to my youtube if it’s helpful to anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Not true, I can stop at that position and start doing boingy boing with the yoyo motionless easily…

but yea, getting the momentum helps but not required ;D

Just an opinion. :wink:

It became a bit blurred in meaning, but I was referring to the learning phase. I think that smooth transition is essential to getting this trick right in the beginning phases, not necessarily to getting the trick “at all”. Once you do that confident move right, I think the learning process is amplified significantly. You could dangle that yoyo in position, jiggle your finger, and eventually get a boing I guess. Or you could watch time and time again as you lose the rhythm (because the rhythm changes as the boing is amplified!) or watch the yoyo gradually move its jiggly way down to your NTH anchor finger.

I understood the concept, but it never “worked” for me until I said “heck with it” and went right into the first boing coming out of the split-bottom. The momentum was there, the up-and-down clicked properly into place because I didn’t have to “get it going” (it was already going from the momentum) and voila! Boing!