Board Game Players

En passant would like a word.

1 Like

That isn’t required to play the game. I have board genes that here two twelve page rule books that are packed with info. Trust me on this.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s a big rule book

My nine year old and I have been playing Creature Comforts, which is cute and fun.

1 Like

Long time player here, and a former minor industry personality! My current favs include Scythe, Dragon Dice, and Zendo.

3 Likes

Welcome!

I’m currently mucking about with my old copy of Squad Leader, and having fun making my own accessory parts (e.g., OBA cards and info markers). I’m also in the middle of making my own 3-move opening deck for checkers.

Earlier in the fall I designed and 3D-printed a custom set of train pieces for the old AH classic, Dispatcher. I’m starting to think I like making upgraded game parts for my games more than I like playing them!

3 Likes

I play Chess very much. I am not sure I understand this comment. En Passant is very simple as well as part of Chess’s modern-rules. It does not affect the strategy of the game any more than any other rule like castling. I am not sure what point you are making?

The rules of Chess are simple. The game itself is fascinatingly complex.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ohhh my girlfriend and I love board games. Currently saving up for a table.

We have since added two more shelves to stack on top of those.

My favorite right now is Eclipse. Her favorite is Dice Throne. But right now we’re playing through Gloomhaven which is a must if you’re into board games in the slightest.

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try blood bowl, is it any good?

I’m more of a Space Hulk fan.

Well I really like it. But I would suggest getting the video game version. It goes on sale a lot and will introduce you to the rules. Plus the blood bowl 3 video game is being developed and should release sometime next year.

It can be very random which can be frustrating. But the whole point is to reduce the amount of chances you have to take. Since you play space hulk, I’m sure you know the feeling.

I actually quit playing 40k due to GW’s business practices. But I still like bb.

2 Likes

Such a beautiful board!

Here’s about 3/4 of our collection at home…

Some larger games, like the complete Dice Throne collection, are behind doors with no glass.

This is also after donating around 175 games to the local library…

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ve seen the video game version and I’ll definitely keep my eye out for it. There’s a lot to be said for rolling physical dice.

I know what you mean about GW, annoyingly though, they do make great miniatures and paints.

Zendo is so good, particularly for the logic minded.

1 Like

Eclipse is my favorite also.

I love BB. I have pretty quit the rest of GW games also. There are a bunch of company’s out there making miniatures for blood bowl that are really fantastic. Greebo games has some amazing models. I mostly play BB7’s which is a shorter version of the game. BB3 video game is supposed to release in February on all platforms but the switch. That will come later.

1 Like

I just made some custom Survivors for Zombicide: Black Plague. I’m currently printing the models so I can get them on the board tonight.

Zombicide-Alucard-v2
Zombicide-Sypha-v2
Zombicide-Trevor-v2

3 Likes

Pretty decent chess player here. Also I have 2nd edition AD&D!

1 Like

Those look great! We have a weekly zombicide group as well. We are playing second edition though.

Currently we are looking at these to add some terrain to the game.

3 Likes