BLTyoyoworks, 3rd run of prototypes finished!

I’d also be interested in testing this proto if I can trade for it, at least in part.

1 Like

Oops. Didn’t mean to give a thank you. Anyways, I would be interested in trading too. But are these the prototypes with the bad vibe? Because if you have smooth ones, I might buy.

I’d pay 30 for a test keeper. Pm me.

ok guys, I am in fact selling the last of the protos, so if you wanted one and didn’t get it, then sorry bout that. The next run will be re designed, and hopefully smoother and more to our own specs. thanks for your patience.

Best of luck in the future!

ok, I take that back. one more pro to for sale if anyone is interested.

oops.

I’m loving the proto, although it has slight vibe which is understandable. It truly is an amazing piece of work. I’d recommend making a run or two.

Well, it takes money to make a run.

yeah, plus we are actually planning on re-designing it, so the next run will have the same specs (except maybe weight) and shape, but a different play. The re-design is mostly because the one we have now is nice, but inherently vibey. the easiest foreseeable fix for the vibe is a new design, so if you liked it how it was then sorry :confused:

next ones will be different.

Ill Only take the vibey proto for hella cheap. No reason to pay 60 buck for vibes. If that’s the case ill buy yyj. Lol

Actually, if you are worried about vibe, why don’t you talk to your manufacturer about making it concentric?

concentricity is not the only thing that causes vibe. it is one problem, but it won’t fix the vibe completely.

Yes, I understand that. It is a major problem though. Maybe you should ask your machinist for advice.

concentricity is one thing that we’re going to talk to them about. it is just that, seeing as our machinist is not experienced with making yo-yos, it may take a little time to work out a process for the manufacturing.

I still need to find time to send my proto into Landon for some work. I have had like zero time lately.

Just saying, a CNC machine is capable of producing a perfectly vibe-free specimen from even the sloppiest, careless design, as long as the mill is told to make a circular item. The problem is not in the precision of the machining, nor in the design. It comes from the alignment. When you reverse the half-finished halves, if care is not put into aligning them properly, the yoyo WILL vibe regardless of how precise the machining is or how fool-proof your made your design. Conversely, if the workshop pays close attention to ensure proper re-alignment of the halves, anything circular that comes out of it will be vibe-free. Changing the design may reduce the vibe, by putting the unbalance closer to the center, but that is just curing the symptom and not the disease itself.

Hey guys, I know it’s been forever, but we have been quite busy. However, we will be receiving the 3rd run of protos this monday, so look forward to pics and new sales! Thanks for your patience!

good luck!

Ok guys, we just received the third run of prototypes, and I have to say, they work great! I really like what we have here, and this may end up being the final design for production. We’ll come out with pics/videos sometime soon, but look forward to sales!

We have around 10-12 protos that we will be selling, most of which will be distributed at BAC! At least one of us, maybe two will be at BAC in may, so any of you guys that are interested and in the area can pick up a proto while we’re there! Look forward to it!