BLTyoyoworks, 3rd run of prototypes finished!

Ano would be nice

Ano would be nice

Luquita said that they may be accepting trades for a prototype. If that is indeed true, Iā€™m interested.

trades might be fun, Iā€™ll discuss it with him and the other peeps

only 2 people want to test? that is certainly not enough people to at least earn much moneyā€¦ guess you guys are all scared away by vibe, oh well :confused:

I would LOVE to test. PM me if you are interested.

Itā€™s not the vibe, for me itā€™s the lack of pictures of a finished product. I want to see something before i buy it. those previous ones were nice, but how am i to know that the ones you are currently selling are the same design?

Iā€™m down to be a tester, I have to buy a proto?, if so I can do trades. I really want to test this bad boy out!

there are pictures of the new design on page 23

trades might be okay, it depends on what you would offer.

I agree with this and another point is that you may be going about this the wrong way as well.
Let me illuminateā€¦

Lets take a new car fromā€¦ Ford as an example. They design the car make up at least 5 different cars and then take them to a track so others (testers) can drive them. People like from car and driver magazine and such. They drive them, give there report and ford takes the cars back.

In most cases when a new invention is made and testers are needed they put an ad in the paper and people go to a building and test them and then fill out a survey on that invention but again, they donā€™t keep the product in most cases. Sometimes they do.

Now in the yoyo world as ā€œI have seen itā€, when a company like one drop makes a new yoyo, they give one to each or many team members to try it out. Sometimes they keep them and some times not. Their teams are their testers and also sometimes they will select a few trustworthy people like sniffy-yo to test them and then send it back with a survey or report. Yoyoskills.com is literally a bunch of testers and is constantly being sent yoyos to try and report on their website. Highspeedyoyo.com is also another site that tests yoyos.

But the point is that if you need testers then you as a company are going to have to give them away for testing and have them either keep it as a fee or send it back. But i wouldnā€™t see anyone buying a tester. Ever. Otherwise you might as well skip testing and start selling and hope your product is as good as its going to get.

Take it from me or studio42 as we are both business owners and this is just how the world works. Stray away from that and more then likely you will be stuck in testing and become just another bug on the windshield of industry.

Their are many you can trust to send them to if you pm them that would be happy to test them for you on this site. The mods come to mind as well as studio42 and shadowz143. Any forum expert actually would do it. Iā€™d put myself on the list but as many will vouche for me as a trustworthy person, i would rather you believe what i have to say and not look at this as a ploy to get a yoyo, so i will withdraw my testing status.

What you will need to do is spend the money to send them to someone trustworthy with a return paid postage box from the post office. The post office can explain that better but they do have that option. Its like sending someone a replacement part and having them ship the broken one back. Post office can explain how to set it up. Allow testers to try it out for a set amount of time. Like a week or two. Set up rules, like play over carpet - you ding it you buy it. ( with exception, if your yoyo eats string and snaps and the yoyo goes flying its not the testers fault). Make up a survey to send with the yoyo they can fill out and send back with the yoyo. That way the info you need is already done and you can post later to help sales. If the tester wants to posts, its on their own accord.

you could always sell to a tester during the trial if they like it. Later after the first run you may want to have a giveaway of the testers that are left or sell them. Like sniffy did for teh kittah code 2.

I do hope you take this seriously as i would like to see you succeed.

Good luck!

1 Like

we would be doing it for free, except that we are quite tight on money

Well thenā€¦ My suggestion would be to see if anyone that has been supporting you on this thread or anyone you can think of , to pay for the shipping to them and back to you. They can show their support of your company that way. Its cheaper for them to test it for you and if they like it they can purchase the tester. But regardless they need to fill out the survey and send it back.

I think another idea might be to let the testers buy them for production cost plus shipping, which by my quick math is about $30-40. Itā€™s hard to justify spending 60-70 for something that might be pretty bad. There are a lot of great throws for that price with no problems (capless, di-base, facade, etc). I am excited to test, but not as excited to spend a significant amount of money with no guarantees of quality, and no benefit later.
I know itā€™s really hard to start out a business, my family has done it at least 3 times, and never with a production-type company. But itā€™s a little hard to swallow to pay someone a profit to essentially do a favor with homework attached.

This is a great idea

1 Like

Selling them for production cost would not make back all the money still, as we will only be selling a few of the ones we made. I voted for selling them for less, but I was overruled.

Prototypes come at cheapest around $60ā€¦

Ok, so at this point it looks like people have mostly lost interest. I would be happy fight now if I could just sell 3 raw protos for $60 each. Any takers?

We need our money back, because it looks like this may not work out, so we need to make back at least some of the prototyping money.

I have no money right now. Come back in 6 months and Iā€™d buy one. Shame to see all these good ideas going to waste.

Can you take 40 bucks and a Modded FHZ?, i really wanta try this

Will you accept trades on protos?