Black yoyoers appreciation

Black lives do very much matter.

This thread DEFINITELY belongs on this forum!

Markmont is an inspiration!

12 Likes

another video which, at least as far as I’m concerned, made history

12 Likes

I may have missed him in the comments, but Simply Mike from “The Definitive Yoyo” makes some of my favorite reviews. Let’s not forget Mike.

13 Likes

Glad to see the recognition of such great influences on yoyoing. Also glad to see some discussion on the injustice. It’s disheartening that this obvious cancer Is allowed to persist and the treatment is so lacking. Thanks for the discussion. It’s hard, but valuable.

9 Likes

Second that put it up for @SimplyMike.

I love listening to his monologues on his reviews. Great voice!

10 Likes

Woah! Entrancing!

1 Like

RSO and Sonny have contributed a 1/1 green x blue anodized titanium Mecha-Bapezilla to the Scales collective Fundraiser for Racial Justice tomorrow. It’s called the Scales Edition. Please support the fundraiser!

17 Likes

That’s amazing @lytelvin! Is there a link to the fundraiser?

1 Like

YoYoExpert has donated a few yoyos too!

https://scalescollective.com/

15 Likes

Yes!!

This thread is just a small way to say thanks, but to show appreciation to black yoyoers in a really MEANINGFUL way, let’s consider what actions we can take to effect positive change towards fundamental issues of justice and equality that should TRULY be for all.

Please check out that Scales Fundraiser tonight at 8PM eastern US time! Also, consider donating to the organizations linked in the thread below, where you can also enter a raffle (until 6/11) for a custom ano A-RT 420 with a donation:

5 Likes

Let’s keep this at the top.

2 Likes

I’m in for the Scales Raffle! https://scalescollective.com/

1 Like

Is there a live feed? Not certain where to watch if there is.

They said they are going live ASAP, just finalizing some things.

www.youtube.com/scalescollective

5 Likes

Live now.

7 Likes

Great stuff Scales put together and nice yoyos that were donated, like the CLYW Orca 1.5 proto from Harrison Lee and the HSpin Pyro and SPYY Ranchero from Spencer Berry, amazing stuff.

Also can’t forget about Jumario Simmons, 4A (and 1A) fiend with really creative tricks.

Jumario actually has a video podcast called The Toppiest Tier on Twitch and did a 1-hour talk 13 days ago after the 1st day of riots I believe, which he later took part in Cleveland: Twitch

Also, was Sage, the creator of the Iron Whip in 2000, black? https://archive.sector-y.com/videos/individual_tricks/Iron%20Whip%20-%20SAGE.mpg

Sector Y Single trick video archive: Individual Trick Videos

Sector Y Clip Video Archive (doesn’t have them all, but it’s a great list): Clip Videos

Also does anyone have the yoyo-balisong Sage video from 2000 showing Iron Whip for the first time (to Dre - 187)??

6 Likes

Absolute genius, learned so much two finger stuff from watching Mark.

2 Likes

Learned SOOOO much from this dude, his front style is on some warp speed factor 9 stuff like Mark Montgomery side style.

He’s my Yo- sensei dude is awesome Big AG for the win!

2 Likes

Ha yeeeah! And while we’re at it, the master of wheels & man-on-the-moon Victor Sinclair needs to be added!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Kinopah! :wink:

1 Like