$560 total donated - Thanks everyone!

PLEASE share this with anyone and everyone. If you want to share on IG, it has been posted under the handle @throwersforblm and it will be shared to FB and hopefully Reddit as well. The more people who know, the bigger the impact :slight_smile:

I have seen so much support, motivation and momentum within the yoyo community in support of Black Lives, and I hope to keep it going. Have you had the thought of donating but, for some reason, just haven’t yet? Here’s a chance to make a difference AND have a chance at winning something cool.

This is an A Return Tops (A-RT) 420. It is a 1 of 4 that was anodized by Monkeyfinger and auctioned on eBay (2017/2018?). It is very smooth and appears to be in mint condition. It will come with original A-RT wood slats and Jensen art. Also included will be 5 Markmont. Formulas (@Markmont) Cumulus Foam strings.

In essence, this is a raffle. This is how it works:

Note: this is based in the US, but I will happily accept international entries, though you will be responsible for covering the cost of shipping

$15 = 1 entry
$50 = 4 entries
$100 = 10 entries (add $10 for each additional entry; e.g. $110 = 11 entries, $120 = 12, etc.)

1. Make a donation to one of the organizations listed below (must be after the timestamp on this post)

2. Send an e-mail with your donation receipt to: ThrowersForBLM@gmail.com (please send an e-mail EVEN if you don’t want to be entered).

3. You will receive a confirmation e-mail for your entry within 24 hours (if you don’t, please check that there are no typos in the e-mail address)

4. Entries will be accepted until 7:35 PM EST on 6/11/2020.

5. The recipient will be selected within 24 hours of the end time and will be notified by e-mail. The yoyo will be postmarked (free in CONUS) within 3 business days.

My name is Ben. I have a positive reputation here on the forum as well as on the FB YoYo BST & Talk (Benjamin Benitez) as well as r/throwers on Reddit.

Thank you for getting involved. This is only the start. Keep reading, keep learning, and keep growing (but also keep yoyoing <3).

The list:

• Black Lives Matter
  • George Floyd Memorial Fund
  • The Loveland Foundation
  • Campaign Zero
  • The NAACP’s Legal Defense and Educational Fund
  • Community Bail Funds
  • The ACLU
  • Color of Change
  • Reclaim the Block
  • Communities United Against Police Brutality
  • The Equal Justice Initiative
  • Fair Fight
  • The Brennan Center For Justice
23 Likes

This is awesome man. Great idea and nice looking throw too.

3 Likes

Do you have a preference on which one? Also is this the correct link for black lives matter?

4 Likes

If I were going to choose one to donate to it would probably be the Loveland Foundation. They support black communities with an emphasis on women.

And yes, that is the correct link to BLM! :slight_smile:

https://thelovelandfoundation.org/

2 Likes

@Benmichael86 is also a vetted fsyb member :wink:

5 Likes

Fantastic cause, lovely throw, I’m all in with your recommendation on Loveland Foundation :hugs:

4 Likes

I’m in! Donated, and thank you.

3 Likes

Only 2 donations so far :open_mouth: That means there’s still a very good chance of winning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I put in another donation. Keep this at the top.

4 Likes

My wife and I are in for the donation part.

4 Likes

I donated $50 to the loveland foundation. What a great idea this is.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: There’s still time to enter!

Campaign Zero - an eligible organization

From their website: “It will take deliberate action by policymakers at every level of government to end police violence. Over 1,000 people are killed by police every year in America. We are calling on local, state, and federal lawmakers to take immediate action to adopt data-driven policy solutions to end this violence and hold police accountable.”

5 Likes

Got a shout-out on the Scales live fundraiser! Raffle ends Thursday 7:35 PM EST.

Color of Change - an eligible organization

From their website: "Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization.

We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by 1.7 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America."

3 Likes

Great idea! I just donated more and will send an email. Thanks for doing this!

You all are awesome for your contributions so far! Please join in if you haven’t yet!

The NAACP’s Legal Defense and Educational Fund - an eligible organization

From their website: "LDF’s mission has always been transformative: to achieve racial justice, equality, and an inclusive society. The new political landscape and a retrenchment in key areas of civil right poses unprecedented threats to the hard-won gains of the last half century. From new assaults on voting rights, to a renewed push to undermine equal access to quality education, to the reversal of criminal justice and policing reform, we face significant challenges in every area of our work.

Through its scholarship programs, LDF helps students to attend and graduate from many of the nation’s best colleges, universities, and law schools."

Edit: Monkeyfinger Ray reached out to me and let me know that this is actually a 1 of 1 (not 1 of 4). There were four total with each one having a unique color.

Less than 24 hours left! Join in if you haven’t yet! Let me know if you have any questions :heart:

The Loveland Foundation - an eligible organization

From their website: “Loveland Foundation is committed to showing up for communities of color in unique and powerful ways, with a particular focus on Black women and girls. Our resources and initiatives are collaborative and they prioritize opportunity, access, validation, and healing. We are becoming the ones we’ve been waiting for.”

3 Likes

Been throwing for 6 months and been browsing in the background without an account here for ages.
But this has inspired me to…
Join yoyoexpert and become a part of an amazing community.
Donate to a good charity (Campaign Zero).

Good luck all to all that entered and let’s make a difference together.

6 Likes

@HappyHands this is what it’s all about! Thanks for sharing your story :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A total of $560 was donated! Thanks to everyone! The winner has been selected and notified.

Keep the momentum going in support of our Black Sisters and Brothers!

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s fantastic! Thanks so much for doing this @Benmichael86.

4 Likes