Binding the right way

Alright, just a quick trick question. I’m not new to yoyoing, been doing it for like 6 years now, but I’ve always binded differently than people in videos do. I bind (during front-style) from an over-mount and bind slack back into yoyo, and while sidestyle I bind from a regular trapeze with the slack binded down into the yo. Everybody I watch on videos binds from an under-mount and while sidestyle an reverse trapeze (anybody know the actual name of this?).

So question is. Is there really a right or wrong way to bind? What are the advantages and disadvantages of binding that way, is it tighter? I can bind from an under-mount and the sidestyle reverse trapeze thing, but it just doesn’t feel right. Thoughts? :slight_smile:

P.S. not sure if this is in the right forum, if not feel free to move please.

Actually, there is no “correct” way to bind. You can bind any way you want, as long as it works. But generally, people usually bind opposite to the spin of the yoyo. This creates tighter binds.

Binding from a reverse trapeze is called a backspin bind and is generally the preferred way to bind. Binding from a trapeze is called a frontspin bind and is generally not as reliable or as efficient unless you’re used to doing it…in which case it’s still not as efficient but you can at least get it to look cool anyway.

It doesn’t matter which you use as long as it works. I use both regularly.

1 Like

Multiplex, listen to those guys. :slight_smile: The best bind is the one that works smoothly in your routine without getting your string tangled or knotted. You’ve probably seen these before, but you can find a good bind video (that covers various bind styles) on grawrd.com or go here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttUcZUiS4K4for another very good How to Bind video.

Yeah it’s not a problem of me being able to bind. I can bind fine I think. I just watch everybody else bind the other way. I’ve gotten used to it and it doesn’t bother me cause I taught myself how to bind like this pretty much. I didn’t really watch videos when I was first starting out. I just kinda made it up as I went along. Snortman, thank you for the video. I can do all of those binds fine. I guess which binds you do are the ones that you are comfortable. I will try to start doing other binds in my tricks / routines from now on.

okay so what are you asking?