Bigger triangle? (Brent Stole)

So I’ve been working on the Brent Stole, I can pull it off but my triangles are never very big. Some times not even big enough to bounce the yo-yo back out. I have a feeling that my slack loop either isn’t big enough, or isn’t centered as it seems to be pretty far off to the left (my NTH). Any tips on how to make the triangle a bit bigger or more centered would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeremy

try making your throwhand and non-throwhand finger closer when you whip and try to whip very quickly.

Even better, try to pinch the string on your non throwhand just like you would do in ninja vanish as you do what I just explained above.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Pinching is working wonders, they get just a little bit bigger each time and better yet, I’m landing more consistently while I zero it in. I’ve also caught myself doing a bit of a jerking motion after the whip (when the triangle forms) causing the yo-yo to slide down the string toward my non-throw hand. I’m focusing on making sure I don’t do that. But it is going a lot smoother thanks to your advice, although this trick has given me more knots than any other trick…

-Jeremy

thinner string helps creating bigger loops thus creating bigger Brent stoles. But if you don’t have thin string old string with no bounce works about the same.

1 Like

Hold your hands closer together during the whip.

Hold your hands closer together during the whip.

1 Like

I’ve been working on the trick and it has gotten a lot better. I’ve noticed with my hands a few inches apart sometimes instead of landing in a GT It either lands in a bit of a T shape that if I let my NTH go forms a knot, or ends up in a backwards GT, which I might add is kinda cool, but obviously not the desired effect. Can anyone explain why these happen so I can work on correcting it?

-Jeremy

Just make sure the slack moves the same way every time.

Pinch the string as it comes around your NTH, and keep your hands closer together

Having your TH and NTH close together results in a bigger loop that you have to put more effort into “aiming” into the yoyo’s gap. Having your NTH hand close to the yoyo results in a small loop that you don’t have to put much effort into aiming into the yoyo’s gap.