$$$ Big Spenders Top 10 Throws $$$

c3 level 6 $50
Yyf shutter $45

Hmmm…

Probably 95 for a Proto Prestige, but that’s the most I’ve ever spent :stuck_out_tongue:

For me its
Clyw chief (165)
Clyw arctic circle (145)
OD cascade (115)
Werrd tre (100)
Yyf genesis (84)

-Dylan

1. Jason wong Rainbow Sov >$200
    2.Jensen hand painted canvas $150
  2. G2 seismic quake $135

I dont regret either, the sov has moved on

Thanks Links’. I know you’ve had a ton of throws go through your hands. It requires having the art of trading down to a science. You’ve developed an elite level of sophistication at it :wink: I’m sure it requires the hunt, knowledge of what everything is worth, and having enough worthy of an even trade on hand, at all times.

This thread is always a good read, and my slick way of finding out who has some valuable goodies. I doubt you’ll part with the Ti Walkers, but you know…if you ever do, feel free to get at me. :smiley:

^ Very nice list here. You have a Peak collection going, will you continue along those lines, or stop collecting Peaks here?

I have a good chunk of throws, but I am a natural low baller. If anybody has done a deal with me they know it.

Wolf lake peak (170)
Purple mountain majesty ($160)
Aman model 10 (140) x3

Then the rest are sub 130.

I need to go buy a yyr!

There are quite a few others I would like to own but I have no desire to pay the fairly crazy prices for them…plus they never pop up anyway. I sold the Bearing Gull a while ago, was an impulse buy and not a must-have Peak colorway for me. If the right offer came along for the 28 Stories I’d sell it but I’ll probably keep the Frozen Mammoth forever.

I’m actually down to 24 metal modern yoyos as of this moment with my only doubles being 2 Chiefs and the 2 Peaks. Trying to cut down to at least 18 or so and avoiding doubles/hoarding at all costs. With fewer and fewer exceptions, if I don’t throw it regularly (and love how it plays), I feel comfortable trying to sell it. There are some absolutely amazing looking Peaks out there though.

1. Oxygene Ti 2011 ($350 from the BST)
  2. sOMEThING Anglam ($250 with discount)
  3. sOMEThING Anglam CC ($220)
  4. YYR Draupnir (a little over $200 after exchange rate conversion)
  5. YYF Ricochet, iridescent purple ($200)
  6. YYF Ricochet, silver ($170 with discount)
    7-8. YYF Stargazer and YYF Attune ($190 each)
    9-10. C3 Berserker and C3 Berserker RX ($180 each)

Then after that, it’s just a big string of YYR and Turning Point that I picked up with discounts.

Yuki

The most I’ve ever spent on a yoyo is probably $100. $120 tops. BST FTW! That’s probably going to change sometime this year though :smiley:

Erm…

1. Summit, $115 I think. I have a lot of stuff worth more but I traded for it, not bought it.

2. '07 AYYA 888… Red… My first metal. Was like $100

3. Skyline… This actually belongs at the top. Bought for $120 but I used gift certificates from winning Mn state juniors.

4. Dif e Yo internal turmoil… Bought off dave for 90.

I haven’t bought much other expensive stuff. Mostly won it.

135 nickel plated summit

What’s deep is that a lot of people would consider having 18 yo-yos or a case full of toys excessive or a hoard. For me, it’s based on what I can afford, and what I have room to store. I guess the definition and purpose of a “collection” can vary. I think when you have more than one, you already entered the realm of excess to some degree. You’re right that it’s up to you to set the bar. Some young people only have a bedroom for personal storage, so space is limited. Those of us who own a house could have a yo-yo room if we wanted to take it there. I could see myself having a quarter of a closet someday…that would be cool. :smiley:

I always try to buy what I want to keep, and stay away from things I can’t afford in the first place. What becomes a player varies for me slightly over time. I change out mains and retire old ones when something better comes along. The old retired ones are usually gifted and rarely even sold if it’s worth my time to list it. I’m building a few new cases this week…for more room. ;D

Throw rich!

Totally agree, it’s one of those things that is definitely relative.

As far as my “collection” went, it wasn’t that I couldn’t afford to have 100+ high end yoyos and continue acquiring new ones so much that it was just a gradual acceptance/realization that I play so few of the ones I have that I simply don’t need to be picking up every release (or spraying my money like a fire hose across the BST every time I saw something sort of neat) and that having cases full of yoyos sitting in my closet that I rarely/never threw after a week of owning them brought me no real enjoyment that the 18ish I plan to keep at the moment don’t bring me already.

These days it is exceptionally rare that a yoyo I haven’t played in a while goes from underwhelming me to wowing me. Blink, AC, Cascade, Dietz, AL 7 Quake, Bonfire and others were pretty much love at first throw, Quake took a couple hours but hasn’t left my favorites since. I feel pretty confident listing something on the BST and sticking it in my case until I pack it up to send it away after a day or two of owning it at this point.

I am definitely a natural born hoarder and shopping addict so the biggest issue was just convincing myself that it would really be okay if I no longer owned many of the ones I never touched and rarely looked at and that I would totally be okay if I didn’t compulsively buy 10+ yoyos a month. My Peaks are a remnant of my hoarding/shopper self, I rarely pick them up and after a few minutes of play I generally tire of them. If they didn’t look super awesome, if the same colorways were available on other models or if they would be easy to acquire again if I sold them, I would sell them both in a heart beat. I pray for the day that CLYW brings a 28 Stories that looks like the 2nd run Peak, Frozen Mammoth, Clown Towns, Chesterman Beach and some other amazing colorways only seen on the Peak to its current and future models so that I can confidently put these Peaks in the hands of a real collector who will get a great deal more satisfaction out of locking them up than I do.

The awesome thing about yoyos is that there are so many ways to enjoy purchasing, owning and playing them for just about every person out there of pretty much any income level :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was about to pay $500 for a BBB Canvas, but the guy flaked out. I’m not a fan of the new BBB’s

Updated list:
-OD Sovereign (Loaded) $225
-TP Paranoid $185
-CLYW raw marmot 2 $150
-CLYW jensen painted canvas $150

@ yopingus…All the old schoolers will get a chuckle from this pic. You should have gone up on the offer…cause everybody’s got a price. :smiley:

@ Elluzion…Nice list. I have to modify my prices later, I didn’t pay actual retail price for the Ricochets, so I got of easy :wink: I bought them during sales. :slight_smile:

how you liken that paranoid I’m loving mine right now!

I just ordered it last night! Should be here in a few days!! I cant wait :wink: is yours polished or blasted abby?

I think polished because I was comparing it to my Di base i have to get a general idea on what it feels like. plus it’s a splash so I’m not sure (I suck at the tiny details in the Yoyo)