$$$ Big Spenders Top 10 Throws $$$

I’m terrible at remembering dollar amounts for stuff I got in the BST and might not tell the truth even if I did remember them =P

#1 Playmaxx/Proyo rares from YYN BST in 2010

#2 Frozen Mammoth Peak from YYN BST in 2010

#3 mint Bape from YYN BST in 2010 or 2011

#4 Yogi Glacier Express from YYE store whenever it came out (last year? I forget)

#5 Black/Orange Acid Wash/Silver Splash Mutant DNA from YYE store in 2011

#6-9000. Bushman Avalanche/TE Gnarwhal/Works Gnarwhal/Black&Blue Acid Wash Skyline from YYN/YYE store and all about the same price iirc

#itsover9000 Everything else. Tons of stuff from the BST mostly. High end metals everywhere from about $40 to $120 with a couple YYE store purchases like Yuuksta/G-Funk/Boss.

I do my best to get the exact colorway I want but I am very busy with real life, so many times I won’t be paying attention to releases when an amazing one comes out so I need to get it on the BST months later (where I will typically pay much less anyway). I paid full retail for the GE and Mutant DNA and got the exact colorway that I wanted, I paid 40% retail for the Dietz I just got a few days ago and got the exact colorway I wanted. Whether I spend a few extra dollars on retail vs bst doesn’t really matter to me, having the piece in my collection/to play with that I will enjoy the most does.

As far as regrets…it’s really hard to say since sometimes things that are regrets at the time end up not being so regretful. I wanted a TE Gnarwhal really badly but they weren’t stocked in the YYN store so I bought the Works one here on YYE and then got the TE one later (probably also here on YYE). As it turns out I now strongly prefer the Works one to the TE one. The GE that I paid full retail for was sort of an impulse buy since I don’t like full size but I thought the shape was neat and loved the colorway and for quite some time it underwhelmed me, but now it is among my favorites. I generally try to be patient these days and not settle for something I don’t want. It’s the reason I don’t own a Chief at all yet. I guess I sort of regret buying the Bape I have, but I bet I would regret not buying it even more if I had passed on it!

I have a lot of regrets for things I DIDN’T buy, that’s for sure. After a year off from actually buying yoyos I had a PM box full of last year’s messages when I started checking stuff out again a couple weeks ago, mostly BST related. Many good deals, and a few missed deals, the most disappointing of all being when I failed to pull the trigger fast enough on jhauxfan’s Clown Town 2 Peak. There are other rare Peak, 888, FHZ and Playmaxx/Proyo related ones over the past few years but the Clown Town 2 is the most recent one and the one that hurt the most because he had it available for quite some time and I knew I wanted it but I just waited too long like a dummy. That’s okay though, for some of them the chase is part of the fun :slight_smile: There will be another one day. Or maybe even the same one.

I cant be bothered to figure out the rest, but

1. Oxygene Hyperion - $530 after exchange rate and shipping

It should arrive today, actually. Woot.

1. Hyperion $500 shipped :wink:

These were all $225+
2. Anglam
3. Anglam CC
4. TP Leviathan 4
5. 2 x Aurora

I have a deal working on a sovereign. I won’t mention how much I am paying for that one, but it’s a lot.

I’m expecting to buy a Draupnir, VSEPR, and Dazzler as soon as they become available again.

The draupnir is sounding like a bargain.

I have dozens of throws in the $125-$199 range. I have definitely gone crazy in my first 2 months throwing again. Embarrassing that I can only pull of the matrix about 60%, and my zipper is not the smoothest.

With the exception of the 4 listed pending, and maybe a Bapezilla.2 and a Ricochet, I think I’m done for a while. Need to reign in the spending.

BTW - would trade an Aurora for a TiWalker or Oxy Ti 9.06 for anyone interested.

How does the leviathan. 4 play

Yetis on the Bst

What’s to regret?
Still got that cascade? Me want.

Most valuable freehand mg raw 180 (mint )

1. Anglam 1st run 289
  2. Anglam ver cc 220
    3 draupnir 220
    4-5. Attune splash/ leviathan 3.1 speckle
    6-10 yyr and tp 160-200

That’s my top ten

Forgot to add hard coat turning point yoyoproto type before the company was official :slight_smile:

I’ve definitely played a lot of expensive yoyos, even though I don’t own any of them.
(I don’t own these lol)

1. Oxy Ti
  2. Jason Wong Captain America Chief (Didn’t this go for like $500 or something? No I havn’t played this one.)
  3. MG
  4. BTH
  5. Ti5
  6. C22
  7. Almost any YYR lol
  8. Lots, lots more that I could sit here listing for hours.

^ It seems you have a very nice collection. Let me know if you have some photos of it. I’d enjoy the eye candy.

Yeah.

UPDATED AGAIN!!!
(This time only yoyos in my possesion)

1: Leviathan 3 (180$)
2: Summit (160$)
3: Arctic Circle (155$)
4: Supra (125$)
5: Cascade (115$) Beat doe
6: Code 2 (115$) Beat doe
7: Raven 08 888 (100$)
8: Markmont.Next (95$) Beat doe

Thats it

I like it a lot. I spent some time with it this evening. Very stable, but not overly so like the Stealth Ogre. Very easy for my noob skills to control. I can really slow down my tricks, and speed them up pretty well too. This plays better slow than any of my other yoyos, but doesn’t have to play slow. Keep in mind my most advanced trick is The Matrix, but I can hit it as well on this yoyo as any of my favorites. I’ll post more after a little more time with it.

50 bucks, and i have a half decent collection of 24 yoyos, 16 are metal. This proves what good bartering and the generosity of the yoyo community can do.

I have to ask quickly, without derailing too much… how do the Stealth Ogre/Leo Sniper play? Im rather interested by both…

I love them. Stealth Ogre, super stable. Most stable ever. Will correct itself from minor tilt. Less floaty, a little heavy on the string.

Leo is less stable, but still very stable. More maneuverable. There were some thread reviewing it better than I could do here somewhere, do a search. These things are great in my opinion.

Lemme just bump this. Excellent thread idea, TA; why haven’t I seen it before?

1. Ti Walker ($232)
  2. Ti Walker ($200)
  3. Cliff ($145)
  4. Summit ($135)
  5. Bonfire ($135)
  6. Sky Walker ($135)

That’s all I really remember. I rarely spend over $100 on a yoyo. I acquire those puppies via sly trading. I hope to add a Draupnir to this list, though.

Hm. Update.

$60 for a yeti…

Im thrifty

Not including Playmaxx stuff

2nd run 28s Peak
Draupnir
Alex Bearing Gull Peak
Uragment
Laser
Frozen Mammoth Peak
Ricochet
Schneider
Stealth Ogre

Then retail Chief and all the 2014 CLYWs except the Puffin 2. Might’ve forgotten some. The Sturm Panzers were probably about the same as some of the CLYWs or maybe a little less since it was during a sale on another site. The majority of my purchases are on the BST and under $100. I try to only buy stuff retail if it looks like a “must have” to me and even then I end up selling/trading a ton of them.

Mine collection

1. Turning point paranoid about $170
  2. SPYY amplifier $120
  3. SPYY orbitron 5000 $110
  4. B-grade torrent 2. $80
  5. YYJ inspire $65
  6. Di base $55
  7. YYJ XLR8 $38
  8. Shaqulerstar $34
  9. yomega maverick $30
  10. PSG $12
    I have quite the collection of yoyos most of them are affordable though :stuck_out_tongue:

Peak ($150 for the peak plus the $120 for the work Levi did to it)
Yomania trident- $135
BSP-$350
Small bearing bvm-$185
werrd love edition beef -$150
Sabotage G5-$150
oxy 4-$140

Can’t think of much else since I do so many trade or trades+cash