Big Mac vs Whopper

I haven’t heard that one before, (and you’d think I would have since I work there :laughing:) but seriously it really is amazing how many people ask for extra pickles and how many people ask for no pickles when ordering.

1 Like

Here’s what a quick google search pulls up about it!

2 Likes

I’m not sure what unethically sourced means. You mean they stole some cows?

I’m not sure what is in the Maccas patties in the US, but here it’s pretty much beef mince, pepper and salt.

1 Like

Unethically sourced meaning the animals were sourced from confined animal feeding operations, aka CAFOs.

Animals weren’t meant to be raised in that manner, and I can’t feel good about eating meat sourced from them. Most meat in our country is sourced from these, unless it is specifically marketed as free range/ grass fed/ organic.

But even still, there are politically correct brands that capitalize on these certifications who still use unethical practices. These waters get muddy real fast.

2 Likes

Have you considered becoming vegan

2 Likes

Yes, but I’m not opposed to eating meat or animal products. I just like to know that the meat I eat came from animals that weren’t raised in CAFOs. It takes more effort to be conscientious about this stuff, but at least my conscious is clean.

3 Likes

Well there’s a lot of people that think eating meat in general is unethical so I hope you’ll let me enjoy my Big Macs the same way I hope vegans will let you enjoy your free range meat :slight_smile:

This really didn’t need to be brought up in a thread specifically talking about fast food the same way a vegan shouldn’t talk about why eating meat is unethical in a thread about how you like your steak done

4 Likes

True. I’m not on a crusade or anything, just stating facts. I’m not a nazi about it, you never know? Some people here might have never heard of a CAFO until reading about it here in this thread?

I suffer no delusion that I can sway the preferences of the masses, but some might be interested in digging a little deeper rather than brushing it off lightly? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Chicken Wings >

3 Likes

@HappyFacePants707
I think everything you’ve said here has been respectful of others and to me at least you haven’t come across at all like you’re judging anyone.
It’s just you have differing opinions on stuff. But you’re not trying to argue it or change anyone’s minds.
I’ve gained respect for you through your comments in this thread.

4 Likes

:heart::vulcan_salute:t2:

5 Likes

So, you would be ok with any of the beef my family raises and process locally , knowing that cow has had good life free range grass fed no hormones and minimal antibiotics (you have to keep the animal healthy) ?

Not trying to start anything just kinda bragging about my beef :slight_smile:

5 Likes

By the way, if we cook out I ALWAYS bring beef.

2 Likes

Yep :grin:

It’s all about the quality of life.

2 Likes

Well one of my cows would steel beers off the side of the barn wall as we worked and she would drink them if they were in bottles I fooled her and got aluminum bottles once she crushed them closed with her teeth.

She lived her full life there.

4 Likes

Haha, we [mrs. smileypants and I] use to milk/ care for a couple of cows on this lady’s farm. One of our chores was to make them giant “salads” with the leftover greens of harvested brassica plants [broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower etc].

We also fed them pumpkins, some of which they would purposefully wait till they fermented to eat lol.

1 Like

I used to have chickens and we used to let them out of their pen every now and then and let them graze bugs and such from the grass. Also fed them flax seeds and various types of berries every day. Best eggs I ever had. Then we started having a rooster problem so we decided to kill and eat them. Never in my life had I ever had worse chicken. My guess is that they were too old, but id never do that again. Eventually a weasel found a way into the pen and killed all 30 or so chickens in about a weeks time.

2 Likes

You know what’s better than a Big Mac? A GRAND MAC

1 Like

Know what’s better than a grand Mac?

Pretty much anything.

3 Likes

Never had one, but tbh the Big Mac is imo the best McDonald’s burger, so I can’t imagine it to be the worst. Any other fast food burger is better than McDonald’s though.