Best fried chicken sandwich

This is a question that needs to be answered. period. So many fast food chains have come out with these, but which one is the best. I’m going to say the obvious winner (and this WILL anger many) the popeyes fried chicken sandwich is hands down the easy best. I await the madness that will ensue.

5 Likes

I like the zinger from KFC, but I haven’t tried a lot of fast foods. I’ve never eaten Popeyes so yeah.

2 Likes

I like the popeye’s spicy fried chicken sandwich when I’m feeling like I want some kick.
Burger King’s spicy chic’king sandwich has a little sweetness to it, so that’s really nice too!

Outside of fast food, there’s a family owned korean joint in town that does korean fried chicken sandwiches, I love this one the most but it’s 3x the price of a fast food chicky sandwich :pensive:

2 Likes

I like any fried chicken sandwich that comes on a biscuit, rather than a bun. Less healthy, but more tasty.

1 Like

Popeye’s and Chick-fil-A for me.

2 Likes

Eating meat is gross but the soy veggie burger at Hesburger is pretty good.

The Chik fil a sandwiches are always good.

I’ve never tried the Popeyes one…

I like the KFC sandwiches, but I think Chik Fil A uses better meat.

3 Likes

The Popeyes one is pretty awesome for sure. That and Chick fil a are my favorites.

@mable have you had the beyond meat burgers? I like those quite a bit. Ive made some seitan burgers but never really nailed the seasonings

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever had a beyond burger, but I’ve had an impossible whopper which I thought was pretty good! I definitely like veggie chicken sandwiches a bit more, but I haven’t actually seen any restaurants that serve them other than Hesburger.

1 Like

A few things to note, first.

I have not tried every well known fried chicken sandwich. So, best fried sandwich to me will obviously be of the ones I have tried🤓

Of the several I have tried, 2 stand out… way out from the rest.

Best of the small(very small) places with only several locations would be Kokios Chicken in Los Angeles.

….The guys that I work with came over to my end of the Shop and said they were going ‘on a run’.
And asked if I wanted something? They said they were going to Kokios(never been there but only 4 blocks from us). I said doubtful. That hole in the wall prolly doesn’t even have an antidote for whatever they make. I told them at my age, eating junk is like deliberate assisted suicide.

I looked the menu up on my phone and ask them to get me a chicken sandwich. Possibly a thrilling near death experience…:thinking:

Their fried chicken sandwich was so good that I went back the very next day, just to see if they accidentally made a good sandwich or maybe they just crank out ‘quality’?

Option #2…… Amazingly good chicken sandwich….

But the very best I’ve ever had was from a place popping up all over Southern California called Raising Canes. Where there were none several years ago. Now there are several locations within 30 minutes from my house.

They recently opened a Torrance location. Open 7 days a week, the line is normally a block long, every day of the week. I told my girl, ‘I don’t care much for waiting in long lines for food’.
But each time we drive down Hawthorne, I will check Canes for a line. Several weeks went buy and we were driving by and my girl said, ‘Look, Canes has no line’.

They have the shortest menu I have ever seen. Not even a whole page, lol.

It’s just mainly a short list of Chicken tenders… And, a chicken sandwich.

I figured out very quickly why they usually have a line down the street. Their fried chicken sandwich is very, very good.

4 Likes

Cane’s is my jam. Where I live it’s one of the most popular, if not THE most popular. That’s mainly because I live in the city where it was started.

1 Like

We’ve got a Hattie B’s Nashville Hot Chicken here in Memphis, and I am blown away by how big, juicy and well-cooked the chicken sandwich is. I’m sure the bone-in fried chicken is good too, but I prefer a fried chicken sandwich to a half-chicken. I suppose my only complaint is that it’s a little too big, but it’s too good to save half of it for another meal. They make 5 levels of heat, from “Country” to “Shut the cluck up.” I’ve tried lv4, and while it wasn’t too hot for me to enjoy, i think lv3 is better. The spiciness in lv3 is integrated into the breading, while it seems like for lv4 they just add some powder. i should try lv5 sometime…

2 Likes

Korean fried chicken + cold beer combo is the best🤤 but for fast food chicken sandwich you can’t go wrong with Mos Burger. Definitely try it if you’re craving burgers when visiting an Asian country!

1 Like

If we’re talking chain restaurants, I usually go with Chick-fil-A or Popeyes if I’m in the mood for a chicken sandwich.

However, the best of all time was the buffalo chicken sandwich from the Dogfish Head restaurant/brewery. It came sandwiched between a folded fried pizza dough with the usual fixings. I heard they took it off the menu because was too labor intensive to make, requiring a trip to each kitchen station to fully assemble it.

Here’s the real question for when it comes to buffalo chicken sandwiches. Blue cheese or Ranch?

You got that right, Raising Canes is all the rage here in SoCal