Vegetarians Unite and take over the world

My dad is one of fifteen so I’m used to a big family.

====================================
Note: This topic was separated from an unrelated topic to stand on it’s own related to vegetarian food.

6 Likes

I bet Thanksgiving is fun, how many hams does that take?

3 Likes

Idk a lot, they usually do a ham and turkey…
I’ve been vegetarian for 15 years so I’m a sides guy on Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Side note.

I just had to go vegetarian for my health and I’m having trouble finding things to eat that aren’t salad or rice and beans. Good news is I’ve lowered my cholesterol 20 points and lost 30 pounds.

But - I’m getting so sick of the same thing again and again. Do you have any recipes or tips?

Thanks

6 Likes

Cold lentil salad. Chickpeas.in the oven. Soya meet substitute. If you exclude fish: rice with tuna, shrimps, squid.

Not a vegan nor a vegetarian but boy, do I know how to cook. I am Greek anyway, we are famous for our cuisine.

5 Likes

Hummus got me through the first like 3 months lol. Great ideas thanks!

1 Like

Sadly most of my recipes are in Greek. Let me see if i can pull something of for you. Be right back.

4 Likes

Skinnytaste is a website with a bunch of really good recipes, you can sort by vegetarian. We haven’t found many duds, usually needs a bit more seasoning to taste, but the solid foundations are there, even for non-vegetarian dishes. Worth a look!

3 Likes

I’m Mexican so I just exclude meat from most dishes if they don’t offer a meat substitute.
I’ll eat a lot of lentils, beans, quinoa and brown rice when I can.
At home impossible or beyond gounds get a lot of play.

I also eat a lot of Asian dishes as I can get/make those with tofu.

I’m in SoCal so I have a lot of vegetarian options for dining out.

For getting out of ruts, try the same proteins but different seasonings.
I’ll swap in different hot sauces, salsas, curries etc.

2 Likes

Forget my last comment.

Here is the website of the most famous (by far) television chef in greece:

Do not let the Greek language intimidate you. Too left corner of the screen you will see “ΕΛ”. Just tap and change to “EN”.
Just search accordingly.

Thank me later!!!

5 Likes

How’d this go from big yoyo people making racist comments to talking about our family’s and Greek cooking recipes?

8 Likes

Well, it’s a nice change of pace…

24 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that!

2 Likes

You can combine the two. Go ahead and make a racist comment for greek cuisine to your heart’s content!

2 Likes

I do a ton of Asian stuff - easy to exclude meat.

I’ll have to try impossible for when o cook Mexican foods. That’s a good idea.

3 Likes

I’ll take a look now thanks!

1 Like

Cauliflower wings!

4 Likes

Can’t do it. Real Greek gyros are among my most favorite of foods. :drooling_face:
Hard to find fully seasoned ones in US. At least it is in my city.

3 Likes

Really? That sounds like it could be good!

1 Like

Fairly decent! I still havenr successfully made them well myself at home, but there are some good ones at restaurants for sure. Buffalo Wild Wings are pretty good!

3 Likes