BG1 Yellow Jackets - A Comprehensive Review

B.G.1 Yellow Jackets

TOXIC strings really knocks it out of the park with their stunning BG1 Yellow Jackets. A real masterpiece of tech, love, and quality. What all can be said about a simple yoyo string? Turns out, alot. First out, this is THIS IS PREMIUM STRING. If you want a cheap bulk string this is NOT it. After shipping it may come to around a dollar a string. Some may feel this is outrageous, outlandish, or even absurd. I do not think this. I would actually be happy to pay more (that is how much I favor this string) but Im glad I don’t have to pay more. ;D

If you are reading this, than I assume you know that a string can make all the difference in the world. This certain string that I am sure you have heard about, read about, seen, or even got a chance to play with one is something to consider as it is simply outstanding. If you have used one, chances are you liked it too. I know nothing is best for everyone, and I know my styles and preferences will differ from yours, but for me, they might as well be named SOLID GOLD, but I digress…

Here is the description from YYE’s storefront:

OK! now we’re done with the formalities let us move on towards the real meat and potatoes (or rice and potatoes if your vegetarian) of why we are here. . . . to gain insight and look at pretty pictures!

Here is the string in direct sunlight. It looks almost self illuminated taking on a glow that seems otherworldly. Its bright enough in normal indirect lighting conditions that in direct sun it will cast a yellow glow on things around it! The dyes used in this is unreal, potent, and eye catching like nothing else ive seen yet. In the pic shown above the string looks “fuzzier” than it seems in real life. This string shown is also very new with only an hour or two of play on it.

Here is a pic of a brand new, freshly snipped string bit.
This string doesnt explode when you cut it. Some strings I’ve used unwound fiercely and with vigor when cut. This type was gentle and relaxed. I like that. The color holds excellent over time as well, always noticible brighter than any other yellow strings ive had or tried, brand new or 10 hours deep the Yellow Jackets are always brighter, phatter, and smoother than anything out there. It was very easy to get open to put on my bearing, unlike most all of other strings ive tried that usually give me a small hassle.

They say that its made from 100% Polyester. I call BS. There may be 90% poly, but there is at least 10% magic in there somewhere. Some juju that can be felt and is always evident from every throw you make with them. Some mention that they are too fat for their liking, but I find them to be perfect. The amount of energy needed to toss a slack is laughable as the string seems to carry that loop for days! The tiniest flick and off it goes. The BG1 make it almost too easy. To go back and try other types and brands, even ones I used to like, are a joke in comparison. These are in a class of their own. Past top shelf, beyond master class, these are downright Magic-Class. :o
I have to hurl, chuck, and throw other strings to get them to go when i just flick my finger with the BG1s and nearly overshoot my mark! Its really amazing and its one of many things that I truly LOVE about this string.

11 out of 10 stars.

Lets talk on the reals. This string is more than string. It is the Silver Cord that keeps your physical you connected to your etheral you (yoyo) and not just any tether will do. Its got to transmit back to you as you transmit out to it. There has to be communication and clear channel flow. As you send your energy out to the yoyo, it needs to respond, and when your yoyo has something going on with it, it need to let you know whats up. Its a two way conduit and strangely enough, not all strings can accommodate this. In fact most fall short in some way or another in being able to withstand, stay cooperative, and keep your yoyo in check while its out exploring. Ill climb out of the rabbit hole now, but there is something to be said about that “special something” that we all know about but cannot describe.

Pros+ Stunning yellow Cons - Finding them
+ Fat but not obese - Some may argue cost, I defend the price tag.
+ So soft but not fluffy With quality like this, feel like this, and
+ Breaks-in swift and sweet spot is lengthy don’t forget they are HAND made, I find
+ Tight binds, seemingly longer spins the Value to Cost ratio more than acceptable.
+ Looser tension = relaxed feel - May slip around your finger. Easy fix with
+ Top Contender for Whips and Slacks a knot at the top of the loop. See link below
+ Does not lose its composure over time. http://tinyurl.com/oenhals
Some stings I’ve used start to freak out
after too many hours and starts to eat itself.
Ive not hit that point yet with these which is
Excellent!
+ Easy to see in most any lighting condition
+ Extra dose of magical juju for your throwing pleasure
+ Good UV blocking packaging
+ Slick
+ Resists tight knots
+ Minimal Friction means Minimal Thermal Buildup during speedy slides
+ Long life
+++ Props to Evan just for being so awesome and accessible.

So how to they compare with other strings? In short they don’t. But Ill indulge the curious mind and hopefully say much with speaking little with this next picture.

TOP to BOTTOM: (order in no preference)
BG1 Yellowjackets - Toxic
Kitty poly Fat - Kitty
Kitty poly Reg - Kitty
Markmont Dragons - Toxic
Venom - YYSL
Yellow Snow Happy Mountain
Type X - YYSL
High End - “some other web store” rhymes with “Bro-Ticks”
Yeti Fur - Happy Mountain
Pink Lemonade - Happy Mountain

very nice review. it seems that you like these strings a bit :slight_smile:

I’m a huge fan of YYSL Type X and Venom, from the picture, these look to be right in between those strings in thickness, is that what you feel in real life? I may need to try these out when I order my next bunch of string (of course if they are in stock)

french

Thanks! I would say that Type X and Venom are very close to each other in terms of feel, air speed, etc. While I am not a huge fan of either, I do own them both. I would recommend giving the YellowJackets a try. Finding them in stock can be a challenge, but where there is a will, there is a way. Sometimes you just gotta send an email and ask direct from the maker and forget the retailers. (it worked for me at least)
:smiley: