Better yoyo 4 learning 1a trix

• Shuriken Happo
  • Unprld ReCognition

0 voters

1 Like

Groan

11 Likes

If OP isn’t trolling, you are overthinking this decision. Just buy something. A yo-yo is better than no yo-yo.

Pick the one that you think looks the best and will motivate you to pick it up or carry it with you.

5 Likes

Decide what shape you like, then what weight you like, then pick a colorway.

I have to agree with an above post. Don’t overthink. It’s simple. Just play.

2 Likes

Trying to be helpful
If you are anything like me, stop beating around the bush. Buy all the ones you are interested in. Play them all until you find out the one YOU like then sell the remaining on the forum for an appropriate price respective of condition.
This way you will know what YOU like.

I have not thrown, the throws you are asking about but I hope you find what YOU are looking for.

4 Likes

I am all about colorway

1 Like

Neither.

Buy a Silenus.

If you are this indecisive or tight on money, go with something cheap and good so if you give up the hobby in a week, you will have a neat looking cheap yoyo to keep on your shelf and show your friend the Man on the Flying Trapeze.

And honestly, I mean no harm by this post, but when I’ve seen people ask questions like this over and over, they aren’t committed to the sport. They tend to not stick around learning the tricks either.

7 Likes

dont over think it man. you’d be half way through the trick ladder by now.

if you’re just learning and want a bit of an easier ride then pick any V shape. Just pick the cheapest one you like the look of because you WILL ding it.

at this point of machining yoyos you can’t really go wrong. they all play so good. bimetal or not it will play great and once you have 1 you will know what you do and don’t like for your second throw.

2 Likes

I have a better plan for you>

I have 1551 yo-yos.

I am going to compare every single yo-yo to every other one.

I am going to chart absolutely every single difference between each and every yo-yo compared to every other yo-yo.

I have 70 different kinds of string. I am going to use every different string on every different yo-yo and compare every single variation in play characteristics of each.

I am going to try every yo-yo in various weather conditions: Sun, snow, rain, lunar eclipse, stage 4 hurricane, etc…

I’m going to try every single trick I know with each and every yo-yo and list the yo-yos in order of how much harder the trick becomes depending on the yo-yo used.

….Then, I will repeat every single step already mentioned, but this time with lubed yo-yos.

I am sure you will find the information useful…

I will start today while you’re still busy asking redundant questions and I should have some answers for you in approximately Seven thousand six hundred and 82 years, plus or minus a century.

5 Likes

I had to do the calculations, and using a very conservative “3 tricks” total, you will need to make over 1.6 million comparisons. If you were thinking about learning a 4th trick, you should reconsider. Alternatively, you may want to forget 1 or 2 tricks before you perform this experiment.

2 Likes

But…. There is one thing you don’t understand>>>

I am going to do All these comparisons not ‘physically’ but mentally.

I am going to speed track the process by comparing everything in my mind.

You see, Mark, for example, if I had to lube all 1500+ yo-yos manually, it would take fo-evah.

But by using my mind, it only takes a few seconds.

And…… it shouldn’t take as long as you think. Because your calculations are somewhat flawed.

I stated that I was going to do every one of my tricks……

Fortunately, I only know 3 tricks, so time save right there👍

Thanks for trying to help, regardless.

4 Likes

Mo-evah, fo-eva.

2 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth…. Mo-evah is much quicker than fo-evah

1 Like