Best Yoyos of the 1990s

I wonder if you could throw in an NSK bearing and make the SB2 or Metallic missile un responsive.

Imagine busting one out at a yoyo contest. So epic! Especially if your wearing a one piece track suite from the 90’s!!!

1 Like

This is a pretty exhaustive list of everything we were throwing back then. The only exception would be the spinmaster… which didn’t come out till late 2000 or 2001. Brent used a mega spin faktor for his 2000 US nationals debut, which I believe got him officially involved with yoyojam.

In 99’ it was all about the Renegade and BumbleBee GT… then yoyojam came into the picture strong in 2000. Kickin’ Tricks, filmed in 99’, really shows how popular the Renegades were. All the different colors were so awesome to collect!

6 Likes

Oh shoot, right right. I don’t know why I was thinking it came out in 1999. Thanks for the clarification, it’s been a while :sweat_smile:

For sure the Renegade and BumbleBee gt were phenomenal for their time. They are still pretty awesome to this day! I loved all of the marble and the glow in the darks and eventually the transparent ones. I had so many of those things! Modded and un modded. Later when Dave Bazan / Buzzon was making SPR kits I had a couple SPR modded gades they were so killer haha!

I remember when the Chicago Crew String Demon videos were coming out in 2000 it made me love the gade even more because of the logo haha! The BumbleBee GT was the same way too. It played so good and is also still one of my all time faves.

2 Likes