Best yoyos of 2021

I wish I could just pick one but I can’t, so in no particular order:

Atmos Projects Goji
One Drop Aitch
Good Life Pharaoh
Jake Bullock Slam Dunk
One Drop Panorama

As for Yoyo companies the best of the year has to be Atmos Projects. Insane attention to detail. Highest of quality yoyos, anodising, photography and so much more

15 Likes

I think the Doc Pop x Zipline Day Tripper sets a new standard for modern responsive yo-yos. It’s at the top of my list for 2021.

The RBC from MK1 and Spinworthy is another contender for its form factor and 0a playability. A stellar throw.

9 Likes

I’ve only started throwing again this year…So I don’t have a LOT of experience. But from the stuff I’ve tried that was released this year.

Daredevil is amazing with the Saboteur right I it’s wake from Gway.

Got my hands on a guitarist which is also something that I love.

And although it’s in a whole different price bracket and class of throws. I just adore my Bangarang for its uniqueness and portability.

5 Likes

“Best” is my favorite word for a lot of things, but for yo-yos, there are too many factors to pick a best one. Maybe within a category, but even then, there are too many differences that can make two yo-yos impossible to rank.

That said, the only 2021 releases that I bought two of are 1) the FAFB Vow and 2) the SW/MK1 RBC. When the Vow was first announced, the price made me hesitate, but eventually I gave in and picked it up because it was stainless and the shape looks so comfortable. It quickly became a favorite and I was using it so regularly that a few months later, I decided that I needed to get a second one before they were sold out just in case anything happened to it. The shape, response, balance and sound are all just right (and I’d love to see a bigger version @moefv @hobbygod ). The RBC has been so much fun and so unique that I decided to splurge and get another before those are gone too. What a year for yo-yo.

5 Likes

Panorama
End Prelude
DeHcade
FH1 reissue

5 Likes

Thank you so much! We’re so happy you enjoyed the Vow! Maybe there will be a bigger one in the future!

2 Likes

Not sure if you already used “wedding bells” for for the Vow (because the halves ring), but that could be the name of the larger sequel if you wanted to stick with the theme. Or you could go another way and do something with Hells Bells. Just spitballing here…I’d pick it up regardless of the name.

1 Like

The few and far between Elysium is my favorite yoyo from 2021 and one of the ones that I throw most often. Can seriously handle any trick you can throw at it and it’s an organic with a ton of power for a monometal throw. Other favorites are the iyoyo Impact, Damian Puckett Duality,and Few and Far The Vow

3 Likes

How is the iyoyo impact? People don´t talk much about it. I like most iyoyo products…

2 Likes

I might also add the YoyoFactory IQ. Just outstanding.

8 Likes

The Iyoyo Impact is one of my favorite bimetal yoyos ever. Idk why it doesn’t get more love. I’ve never even seen anyone say anything about it so I assume not that many people have ever tried it. Its sooooooo good. The impact is super stable, has a TONNNNNN of power, very comfortable in the hand, amazing response, plays slightly on the heavier(DOES NOT PLAY LIKE A BRICK AT ALLLL) side but still so much fun to throw. I usually lean more towards lighter feeling yoyos but I noticed the impact makes landing tricks really easy. Would buy again in a heartbeat

3 Likes

I was wondering about the Impact. It looks so clean, but with zero buzz I was wondering if it might not be so good. I’m glad to hear it’s a good one!

1 Like

RBC is the clear winner for me - fresh design and it just oozes joy and fun. I can’t put it down!!!

8 Likes

Such a great yo-yo

How does the Vow compare to the DD Assassin, in your opinion?

3 Likes

I love them both. The specs and pictures actually say more than anything. The Vow is bigger in diameter and is more of a comfort throw (like a comfort blanket for me) and the Assassin is a little smaller and zippier. FWIW, I almost picked up another Assassin as well because Patrick mentioned the 2nd run of those was smoother, but decided to hold off because it sounded like there could be more of those available.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was just noticing that the Vow has dimensions that are nearly identical to an 888, with a refined gap, d bearing, and steel construction. I’d probably love it. Patrick’s gap designs are awesome.

4 Likes

I wanted to wait for my last 2021 deliveries. The Kagerou is not only the best of 2021 for me, but the best ever. The Journey, TiSS Wisteria and Coglite are all honorable mentions and excellent in their own right.

1 Like

Man was the 888 that small? That’s wild. I haven’t played one in like 10 years.

The Opyoyos Spright. Second would be the OneDrop Aitch.