Best yoyos of 2021

I just thought I would make this topic since we’re getting to the end of the year.

I have lots of honorable mentions but the Turning point Radix and the Hydrangea Magnolia were my favorites from this year.

This is just a place for people to post their favorite yoyos from 2021.

22 Likes

Freshly Dirty Mod44, Reykjavik Freyja, and Duncan Freehand One AL are my top three for the year. I considered the Jake Bullock Slam Dunk but it just got narrowly edged out by the Freehand One AL. Both are phenomenal though.

The top threes yoyos that released this year that I haven’t gotten the chance to play but would love to try are are the Turning Point Bacchus, Mgska, and the Duncan Small Bearing FH1AL. Unsure if they would’ve managed to hit the top three for me, but they all certainly seem like strong contenders on paper.

15 Likes

That were released this year or acquired this year?

Panorama for sure. One of my all time favorite yoyos, if not my all time favorite.

As far as non organic competition yoyos go though, the new YoYoFriends Vulture is pretty hard to beat.

17 Likes

For me it has to be the Bastet II.

3 Likes

Panorama, daytripper, GBP

13 Likes

Preferably yoyos that were produced in 2021 but you can post anything you want.

1 Like

First one that comes to mind is one that jumped into my top 5

GWAY Throws Daredevil

21 Likes

Zipline x Doc Pop - Day Tripper

Spin Worthy - Survivalist

One Drop - Panorama

18 Likes

Variations on a theme

3 Likes

What theme are you picking up?

2 Likes

The ZipLine x Yoyo-ist Ist, both because it’s a great, undersized yoyo and because it was my first yoyo purchase of 2021, midnight on Jan 1st

6 Likes

Ugh, don’t remind me :frowning:

You know I kid😉

3 Likes

Was there anything not great released this year (or last year)? I couldn’t even come up with a top 10 I don’t think. Props to the forum members who made great stuff though! YYF, Luftverk, Dressel, Spinworthy, Fair Trade, Few and Far Between, Atmos, Duncan, CLYW and there must be more.

-Mr. Positive

11 Likes

10 Likes

I’m just getting back into the hobby after a lengthy hiatus, but I’ll give this a shot.

1. The TopYo Cloud is a seriously great full-sized Delrin organic, and its price tag is frankly unbelievable. Feels very floaty, smooth, and relaxed on the string, and it is very stable considering the combination of shape and material. I’ve rarely been so pleasantly surprised with a $30 throw, although it is worth mentioning that I did need to change out the response pads immediately.

2. DD’s Assassin is an excellent undersized steel throw that manages to retain some full-sized characteristics with its wide profile, comfy catch, and brilliant weight distribution, to say nothing of how well the D bearing is applied here. This one is also a steal considering the other SS throws that are available for less than $100.

3. The RCS/OYY Sk8r 2021 is a very fun mid-sized Delrin yoyo that gets a lot of things right. The shape is unique and comfortable, and it is surprisingly stable despite its high-walled appearance due to a good stock bearing choice (Trifecta) and a minimal response bump. Probably my favorite carry yoyo at present - aside from being a capable player, the dyed colorways are very fun, and the stock Lego hub is a cute gimmick.

Honorable mentions: iYoYo Shooting Star, Retic Yoyo Copperhead (it’s new to me), probably others

11 Likes

Hinemosu easily

11 Likes

ILYY DR3I :crown:

21 Likes

This yoyo is so criminally underrated man

Have yet to try this, but I’d say this is definitely a contender for best looking of 2021 without a doubt

2 Likes

Another one I played many hours and even with its special shape an extrem fun yoyo.
And yeah it just looks so cool with the anodized rings :top:

19 Likes