Top 5 2023

It’s been several years since I’ve been into the hobby. Would y’all share some bangers to pick up from over the past two years?

3 Likes

YYF bullseye

1 Like

Dressel Designs. Emotion. Monometal goodness.
YYF r-type.

2 Likes

Maybe peruse this? : Favorite YoYo Released in 2023? 2023 boutta end

4 Likes

So uh… basically, I bought 200+ yoyos so you don’t have to - save your money and I’ll tell you what’s up. My favorite out of all of them is by far the CLYW Klondike. It’s definitely a great representation of where designs the past year or so have trended. Similar popular yoyos include the W!LD and the Kagerou, if you want to look into them. The Duncan GTR-JS was probably the reigning bimetal king for a while (definitely quite a bit lighter and less angular) until designs started moving more towards the Klondike-type. Turning Point makes fantastic heavier bimetals if that’s your thing, also.

As far as monometals go, consensus seems to be that Spotlight Ultra by YYF and the Wilderness by W1LD are the best releases of the year. I know a few top level competitors have said that they’d use either one if they weren’t sponsored by their respective companies. Truly some of the most banger yoyos I’ve ever tried.

If you’re looking for more casual play - check out the OD Panorama, probably one of the more popular, casual slimline releases in the past couple years. I think the Dreamcraft Asora is an even better, more performant version of that sort of throw though, if you want to check it out. And if you need a great organic throw, check out the CLYW Creep. You can get them for 70-80 bucks, sometimes even less, depending on condition.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. CLWY has a sale and can’t decide between the Klondike and Wish. As for the Duncan you mentioned, my favorite is the Grasshopper GTX. I saw there is a second one. Gtr looks good, though. I am definitely going to get a creep if one pops up!

2 Likes

I’ve had a lot of great throws the last year, but here are some of my favorites. This is only for 2023 throws just to clarify.

Hydrangea Dahlia (best budget 1a heavy throw)
Yoyovideo archive (best budget 1a light throw)
Hydrangea Lycoris (most interesting design)
TP Entangle 2 (favorite mono 3a throw)
C3 Strelitzia Apus (best overpriced tiss)

4 Likes

Demonspeed is soooo good. Its prob one of the best budget bimetals

1 Like

Really? I havnt heard the greatest things about it…

What were people saying about it?

My number 1 bimetal is the Save 3A Titan, followed closely by CLYW x Sus Yoyo Mechanics Klondike. Yoyofrienda Da Vinci in 3rd.

Linear by Motion is my favorite monometal of the year and the Wizard is in 2nd.

Looking forward to more amazing yoyos in 2024!

6 Likes

I main with a demonspeed and it plays very well

:man_shrugging: I’ll have to try one eventually

a lot of people i know say that the shape of it is terrible and ruins the Yoyo. I dont have one so i cant say if it is bad or not but i will probably not get one since i dont like godspeed tricks

True it is a pretty light yoyo. I like doing fast tricks with it. Tbh, i dont mind the shape or anything.

3 Likes