Best yoyo lube for unresponsive play

which is better, yyf darkmatter or onedrop v4m

1 Like

Most people just use yyf or yy jam

Not sure if most people is accurate about that.

I use V4M, it works, it’s good. I don’t know if you’ll get an answer for which is best though. I think they all just fall into the camp of “it works, there’s not much else to say about it.”

5 Likes

Most thin lubes are pretty much the same; I’ve heard of multiple people having trouble with dry lubes or lubes made with them (like dark matter) while I’ve not heard anyone having issues with your standard thin lubes.

1 Like

I’ve been using a bottle of YoTricks lube (which I believe is just rebranded YYF lube) for 3 years and haven’t had any issues with it.

Crazy that it’s been that long and it still barely looks like I’ve used any of it.

2 Likes

For unresponsive, many just clean and go. No lube. Anything you add will add some friction (responsiveness)

If i use lube, i have a tube of YoYo Jam thin that I’ve had for years. I de-shield the bearing and drop it in some mineral spirits. Swirl for a little bit, then dry it on a paper towel. I spin it on a Zero Gravity tool and blow on it to get any excess out. Then I’ll use a pin to gently place a tiny bit of lube on a few of the balls. A toothpick would probably work. I use a push pin. Spin it a few times, then re-install.

I use the Monkey Finger lube too but it’s a bit thicker. It adds a little response until you use it for a while. This really quieted down my hybrids. I did use a little more though.

Enjoy the throw.
kgb

2 Likes

I use YoyoJam, had to walk over and check to see what brand it is because I never paid attention since I bought it. Pretty sure I selected it over other brands because it’s cheap. Works great.

The most important thing for lubing an unresponsive bearing is to use the lube VERY SPARINGLY. A regular-sized drop, like out of a dropper bottle, is way too much. The tiny droplet that clings to the tip of a pin by surface tension is about right.

Ivan

3 Likes

I use thin lube too… but I use a pin-head to deliver the tiniest amount of lube possible….
Works great!

4 Likes

Thin lube only, use the smallest amount possible. I use a pin to apply the smallest drop I can.

4 Likes

This is the best guide on proper bearing care that I have found. I like to make sure everything is nice and greased up and then blow the sucker out with compressed air or a powerful dust blower. I like thin lube best as it tends to quiet things down. Dry lube, depending on the medium used, can be a bit louder in my experience.

1 Like

I like the MFD gorillius lubricus since it has a little brush you use to apply the lube. I can adjust how much lube I’m putting on the pin with minimal waste.

Don’t know about the other stuff it says on the bottle. It’s lube

2 Likes