my unresponsive went responsive

HI my name is Joey and i am kinda new to unresponsive play i throw a dark magic 2 with speed barring. I lubed it up with some thin lube and resently when i try to do a move the requires an unresponsive yoyo it comes back up and hits my hand. Are there and tips any one can give me to make it completely unresponsive.

Whenever you add lube, whether thick or thin it will make your bearing spin a bit slower and responsive, the key is to barely add any lube at all (like the tip of a sewing needle) or just clean the bearing in mineral spirits or lighter fluid and leave it dry (you CAN add a TINY drop of lube after cleaning to protect the bearing but it WILL cause some level of responsiveness) I hope this helps :smiley:

Thin lube doesn’t help spin time or make a Yo-Yo less responsive. As a matter of fact, it does the opposite. All lube really accomplishes is #1. It makes the bearing a little quieter and #2. it makes the Bearing last wayyyyyy longer.

I believe what happened to your Dark Magic is you put a little to much thin lube in there. You’re only supposed to put the smallest amount possible in the bearing.

So what do you do?

simply continue playing with the Yo-Yo. The Lube will “Break in” and the Yo-Yo will be unresponsive again :wink:
It can be a pain to play responsive for a while, but it won’t be forever.

Aw, you beat me to the first reply :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol

haw haw haw :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never really gotten why people are really greedy when they add lube. It takes 15 minutes of play before the excess thin lube is worn out. The whole “small drop on needle touching ball” deal is a bit extreme.

Just continue playing with your yoyo, it will likely get less responsive over time.

I dont lube any of my bearings, I clean them and leave them dry. I have lube, I just don’t use it :smiley:

Thanks guys i will try those tips out.

Like stated above many times, about a needle drop is enough but no more than that. When you add lube to a bearing it slows it down, thus making your yoyo responsive. That same problem happened to me with that same yoyo. Just break it in a little bit, and the lube “grinds” away over time. Throw long sleepers to make it go a little faster. :wink: