best yoyo for about $40?

Yoyo Officer Crayon or Fit.
or, Delrin: Top-Yo Cloud.

We have the same favorite truck (but with my mom) tha ks guys, I dont need more answers.

1 Like

Magic yoyos are like 10 bucks and pretty good

it took me a while to get it. You posted “truck” instead of trick. Darn spell-checkers!

It is a truck rarely mastered. ;D

I just won this today, a strix. it plays smooth and has good sleep time and has your weight right. It just came out and I love it, you should try it!

I vote for this as well

Search the bst and get a north star or buy a new proto star

Shaqler star is a northstar with a new logo.

Edit: see, look at how many thank yous this got:

If you’re willing to go slightly above your budget ($45), get the YYF Delrin Severe, best plastic out there, even outplays a lot of metals, very smooth, no vibe, good shape to learn on.

It doesn’t outplay the OneDrop Rally though.

Also consider a flipside and maybe an alpha crash to. I won an alpha crash and love it it is my go to throw for where I don’t want to throw my more fragile throws.

I’d wait awhile because i got to try the yeti and the rally this weekend and they’re both amazing so id wait till they come out.and Yoyojam is coming out with something new pretty soon that is great as well that will be around 30$.

My protostar is so loud!

I bet mine is even louder. I had to put a flat bearing in it because the ct was so loud.

Do you think theres a way to make it quieter?

Put a 10 ball in it that usually does the trick with any loud yoyo

Unless it’s a Trigger. Nothing will soothe that savage beast. Great yoyo, though!

Check out the Duncan Raptor, it is $40. I can tell you how good it is because I haven’t thrown one, but I will be getting one on my next purchase. Duncan also has the Echo, which is $47, and it is larger and it has groove rings.

I have a DV888, and I honestly don’t see why people hate on it so much. It is a good throw that you should certainly consider, especially if you like undersized yoyos.

Also, look at the Yomega Dash, it is $30. It’s a totally overlooked and underrated throw. Comes stock with a 10-ball bearing and it is a good grinder (but not good on thumb grinds, it feels like the yoyo is shredding your nail). Plus the gold one (called orange on the shop here) looks cool.

North Star is a boss, but out of production

the shaquler star is the same thing, but with a different name.