I have a YYF Velocity right now and am trying to decide what my next yo-yo should be. I can bind easily and like a a yo-yo that will ONLY come up by binding.
There are many great ones in your price range, but the YYF Shutter is a great choice. It spins FOREVER, is very very stable, and only comes up with a bind (meaning it is unresponsive.)
I do not have one, but, from all that I have read Shutter is the way to go.
Rally. 'Tis magniflourious. Smooth, stable just a beautiful all around player.
Started out with a velocity as well. ![]()
I would go for CZM8 or Shutter because you can get a centertrac with them.
The Shutter is awesome! Get one with a center track in it and youâll be set!
You left out the:
Rally
Minute
Level 6
Addiction
IMP
Would consider these as well
Thanks for adding some more contenders⌠looks like I had overlooked some great yoyos.
New Contenders:
Shutter
Czech-Mate
Rally
Level 6
Addiction
IMP
You could also take a look at the N12 and XLR8
Personally Iâd choose between level 6 or shutter if I wanted a metal yoyo and choose between the rally and addiction if I wanted plastic. If I wanted the best deal Iâd probly pick up an N12.
Totally agree here. The OD rally is by far one of the best, if not, the best throw under 50. It plays magnificently. Itâs really worth checking out.
Really leaning towards the Rally⌠I canât find any real complaints on it and it seems like it would be pretty nice for thumb grinds and finger spins. Anyone know a rough estimate of spin time? Or if a certain edition is better than another?
You left out the YoYofficer Jaeger (which could fingerspin btw), Aura (more fingerspinning), Fit, and the Kilter
I would include the crayon since itâs supposed to be under 50âŚ
Look into the onedrop benchmark series I have a orange v shape benchmark plays great
I really donât want to go over $50.00 right now⌠I mean I only started in December and I canât yet see a need for anything over fifty. Will definately look into the benchmark series for my 50-100 price range in three or four months or whenever I need a longer sleep time for combos.
Shutter is the way to go. Donât hesitate. Unless you really enjoy the colors on a different throw more than the available Shutter colors. The Shutter is amazing.
Iâm inclined to say
Rally
Shutter
Level 6
CZM4
Four of the best.
I know the Rally is usa made, what about the Shutter? Also is one less âgrippyâ? I hate it when I try to do grinds and tricks like rewind and my Velocity grabs the string and flys back to my hand.
Both rally and shutter are hands down better than a velocity, as good as the velocity is. Iâm inclined to say that neither is really grippy⌠Theyâre both really great.
Shutter is machined in china I believe but I think everything else like the ano, lasering, packaging, and testing is done here in the USA but Iâm not 100% sure. Normally the first run of any yyf throw is the USA made edition and they do that until theyâve perfected the throw and then they have china make it.
Cool thanks for the help all. Iâm going to wait and see what they decide for the next color of the rally and get whichever yoyo (shutter or rally) looks cooler. Whichever one I get iâll make sure to do a review.
Edit: I got the Rally, clear with black rims. So nice. ![]()










