Best yo-yo for an intermediate player?

I have a YYJ DM2 and YYF One. Any others out there that are a reasonable price and good quality?

YYF Protostar
Pretty much all the YYJ throws
PSG

Yup.

I agree. Protostar, Northstar are both great.

The new YYJ Chaser is amazing. The Legacy II is good.

Since we’re talking DM2 prices, the Speeder 2 is great too. The Phenomizm is great as well. The Hitman Pro and XCon Pro are both on my wants list.

If you’re into that kind of pricing and want metal, the dv888 ain’t bad. For a little bit more, you can go with the C3 YoyoDesign and get the Di base. The One Drop Cafe Racer is very affordable at $60. The Shinwoo Zen series is mostly at $45, but if you’re budget minded, the $32 Dolphin seems well received.

The big thing is what sort of budget to you want? I mean, intermediate or not, if you can bind, spend what you want, get what you want. There’s no valid reason to not step up to an advanced yoyo unless you simply do not want to. The DM2 is great and you’ve got it. It can take you from zilch to master level and competition if you want it to. Technically, you don’t need anything else. But let’s face it, we all have a bunch of yoyos and most of us want more.

I’d say you’re ready for something metal. Splurge, go nuts, treat yourself! You can get something really nice for under $80. Even if you want budget prices, the dv888 is really nice, and so are the Shinwoo Zen’s(except for one that is more).

Also, if it’s here at YYE, you can be assured it’s good quality. Pricing… well, reasonable is a term open to debate and individual assessment. But, just between you, me and everyone here on YYE, go get a nice metal yoyo. YYF has plenty of good ones in the $65 range. I would avoid the G-Funk though, but only because it’s pocket sized, no other reason.

Have fun hunting! It’s all part of the joy of playing the yoyo!

Yeah, I really like the look of the DV888 also the Phenom.

I think the Phenom would be too expensive, but I’ll let you make your own decision. The Phenomizm is a really great affordable alternative. I have both, great stuff! The Nickel Phenom is an eye catcher! That’s what I have.

Oops, my bad I meant the Phenomizm. I’m leaning more toward the 888 because I like the look and it’s all metal.

The Raptor is probably my favorite in its price range. It would be great for an intermediate yoyo-er. Both of my boys learned most of their yoyo-ing on a Raptor.

Thanks everyone for your help!