Best yo-yo drop from 2023 worlds?

Yo, from Werrd’s FB:

Werrd up! :heart_eyes: Hoping to snag some new Werrds in the future.

11 Likes

I see that will be out the Kim23 from Yoyofactory 6061 + PC, seems very interesting obviously also seeing the players who use it, what I always wondered for this model and the Miracle is why they went for the PC rings instead of the classic stainless steel bimetal, there are any advantages on having this type of PC rims?

3 Likes

They just look cool (and they do). The miracle has brass rims under the polycarb rim though. On the Miracle they said it was to protect the brass rim from dings or dislodging, but really they just look cool. Because the polycarb rims ends up being more susceptible to dislodging.

Bryan throwing down a sick combo on the Chibi Trueno. I can’t believe how much bounce this has, it looks so fun as a challenge.

6 Likes

I think the polycarb might be more susceptible to disloging…but they also probably won’t deform. So pushing them back is more like a click maybe?

Thanks for the explanation Juni, I do really agree they look sick, I do not understand if even this new model is bimetal down the rims, very curious to try one, I didn’t purchase a Miracle but maybe I will take this one once we will have more info, about the rims popping a bit out after a ding I do not mind about it, it happened to me most of times while playing my bimetals, I just fix it every now and then if the vibe start to become annoying and that’s it problem solved.

1 Like

That’s what YYF said, but I feel like that’s just what they said for marketing. Plastic rims will get eaten alive by concrete, and are now susceptible to just cracking, and the lower friction fit means they dislodge way more easily (even if you can just slide them back by hand.) They look awesome, but adding plastic rims is just creating additional durability issues, not solving them.

1 Like

I…kind of agree.

The nice thing about plastic is that you can click fit instead of friction fit. Which means that when you do click it back it’ll be 99.9% in the exact same position.

Cracking is a risk for sure.

As for concrete…Plycarbonate is crazy strong…it doesn’t get damaged more by concrete or rough surfaces than say… 6 series aluminium. Less even probably.

I’d say the main risk is cracking…in theory at least.

2 Likes

If they sold replacement plastic rims and they where disposable I would get the idea of the rims being protective to the brass. That’s not what’s happening though so I’m not buying that marketing as much

1 Like

The rims are protective against brass in that brass reacts to acids and oils like crazy. So by covering them in something they’re protected.

It’s also very soft and dents like crazy. So once again…plastic will protect it from that. It all depends on how strong the plastic is though.

That said…at the price this is being sold at…it’s not exactly a standard toy yoyo. So mayb they’re counting on people that buy it not hitting it hard or often?

1 Like

I’ve it had since last year and have had zero problems and it’s hit the ground a few times. Also, for me it feels somewhat like a mono metal. Doesn’t have that heavy rim feel as a bimetal. And go ahead and stick a ds bearing in it.

1 Like

I get that. And it makes sense it looks cool and protects a metal that would normally tarnish and is softer.

I would love to see companies that sell yo-yos with outer rims especially those that are more protective than performance sell replacements for said rims.

Rumor on the street is there’s a tri-material 3A yoyo intending to do this exactly :eyes:

Honestly the only functional use case I’ve seen for plastic outer rims.

3 Likes

I think it’s still the Bip Bop Klondike for me as well as the new FHs. The new Werrd’s are unbelievably sick looking as well may have to cop one of those when they release

2 Likes

Just caught this in the iyyf worlds highlight reel YouTube video. Looks like C3 also has an injection mold polycarb yoyo coming out soon.

9 Likes

These look pretty amazing: Duncan Yo-Yo on Instagram: "Freehand Delrin - Large Bearing. Available today at the Duncan booth @worldyoyocontest!"

10 Likes

When might this stuff start arriving at the store here? @YoYoExpertEric ?

For the thread, I’m most intrigued by Veylaa bc polo is so cool and makes such cool tricks and the Yoyo looks pretty interesting. I have no idea what to make of that hub.

6 Likes

hopefully asap, bc I plan on buying all of these new releases LOL! Just when I told myself not to buy anymore FH’s they keep pumping out cooler versions!

Also the Veylaa is a MONSTER! - This yo-yo is a TANK! - I can almost do a full 1min combo without throwing it LOL

12 Likes

delrin freehand with c bearings? yes please! i have dye waiting for this…

2 Likes

I seen this is available on mir kims website for $60. Looks really cool would love to see the specs.

7 Likes

Interesting is this an Al yoyo with plastic rims? I guess they add some weight and maybe the plastic is easier to grind? Interesting but I’m having a hard time figuring out the reason for the rims on this one. Maybe it’s a experience a mir kid yoyo without the 160 price tag.

1 Like