Best way to side throw without any vibe

When I try to throw my yo-yo side ways I always get vibe
I switched recently to a metal yo-yo but whenever I try to throw a breakaway I always get some massive vibes while I don’t get any vibe with front throw

I only get vibe side ways

Please recommend a way to throw the yo-yo (a video is much appreciated)
Everyone’s help is appreciated

Really it just takes practice. When I started, it took me several months to master the breakaway throw. And yet, it still happens that you get some throws that will be wobbly. Also, the match up of your strings, your pads, the gap width of your yoyo and your bind technique will also effect how cleanly your yoyo throws. But most of all, it comes down to lots of practice.
Edit: also it may help to watch the yotricks video on throwing breakaway.

7 Likes

Also, while it is a good idea to practice your throw, you can ignore the vibe a bit. As long as your throw is strong, the yoyo will smooth out during whatever trick you’re working on. Over time your throw will most likely smooth out, whether you specifically practice it or not.

6 Likes

You can embed the youtube videos directly without directly linking to another yoyo store :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After you watch those videos watch this video by Brandon Vu to hone it in. Like said above it takes a lot of practice but it will start to click the more you do it.

6 Likes

Thanks, @Isaac . I didn’t realize that.

1 Like

While I took something from all the different tutorials on this, it was Brandon Vu’s that clicked. Getting my hand off the yoyo as I start the throw has been huge. It’s a subtle difference, but I now think of slinging the yoyo instead of throwing it.

4 Likes

Wow, this was the video I needed to see but didn’t know I needed to! Dropping the yoyo just before the throw was what I needed to know…game changer, cheers!

5 Likes