Best titanium?

The C3 Delphinium is my favorite ti and definitely checks the boxes of maneuverable and performant! At 64.5g it plays relatively light too except on binds, where it is EXTREMELY powerful (comparable to heavier throws like the YYR Valkyrie). Only problem is that they are relatively rare as I think only 1 run of them was ever done.

Other good ti’s are anything that Mowl produces (in fact, i might like the TI Heterogeneity more, I just don’t own one due to how expensive it is) and, as others have mentioned, the Titanic by Iyoyo.

No doubt, Spence plays way above my ‘pay grade’ and has certainly thrown a large stack of yo-yos in the last few years…… but that being said, my opinion of the W1ld Tilderness is not even close to being as upbeat as his.

I must have at least 30+ Titanium yoyos(combined total,of full Ti and bi-Ti). Not even sure if I would consider the Tild in the top 10 of the TI’s that I have?

If I lined up my Ti yoyos(in no specific order other than which I would place in front of the Tild) I would say: Ti Krown, Ti Radius, REX, Alpine, Stelvia, Mustang 5, Polaris, Tirant, Dazzler, wide Ti Shutter, RSO Doombot, RSO Gravity, RSO Martian, and a few others……. Then the Tild…

That’s Great Company, so it’s no insult to the W1ld. They make amazing yo-yos.

As soon as I got mine out of the box, I couldn’t wait to toss it around. Very wiiiide but a very good feel in the hand. No sharp edges anywhere. Before I even put a string on it, I kinda manhandle a new yo-yo just to get a ‘feel’ for it. It is not light or heavy but has a sort of hollow feel to it. I used the string that came in the box…… didn’t like it. I put on a Sochi string…. Didn’t jive with the yo-yo. I cut an Eric ‘Kapow’ string on the yo-yo, a little longer than I normally use, and immediately felt a little kickback on the throwdown.(probably because the no walls design and the longer string stacks up in the gap( possibly just my error of using a longer and thicker string).

Regardless, whatever string I used, no matter ‘how’ I adjusted my throwdown or breakaway, when the TILD hit the end of the string, it had a small but solid vibe to it. Very easy to correct with the brush of a finger or just moving in to a combo and it autocorrects. <> so I’m thinking it’s just the weighting unintentionally facilitates that.

I think my biggest (first 30 minutes challenge) was trying to figure out how to throw down the yo-yo so it hits the bottom of the string like velvet(like a Luftverk Stelvia)?

All that considered, I am in no way saying it’s not a good Titanium yo-yo. But, compared to many others I have, nothing jumped out at me as amazing.

Now… to throw a little wrench into the Titanium Supremacy subject, here is a tidbit of an opinion from old Mo>

I have the New W1ld Adrenaline. Totally non Ti yo-yo, obviously. But also a W1ld product.
….And the Adrenaline can literally run circles around the Tild. Complete circles, lol.

Matter of fact, the Adrenaline, to me, is a better playing yo-yo than just about anything I have in my ‘Ton-a-Fun’ Collection.

Which really puts things into a different Perspective for me.

I know it’s not a Ti yo-yo… but I just tossed in that thought because it’s from the same Company and only costs about a third the price of a Tild.

I love Titanium yo-yos. But they are definitely overpriced and overrated.

I feel kinda bad for a good number of yoyo players that pay waaay more than they should for Ti yo-yos, thinking they are paying for Magical powers.

…… I must admit, that the Tild changes personality more just from swapping out various strings, than any other yo-yo I can think of. Obviously every yoyo is going to perform differently with different strings, But the Tild(to me) is way more finicky, lol.

I am finding it to be quite the Adventure matching it with a string that will bring out the best in the yo-yo?

Note; do I regret buying the Tilderness? Not at all. Every yo-yo is a different animal. But, in my Ti Zoo, I just have better playing animals. Every animal in the Zoo can’t be the favorite.

Note 2; If you buy a Tilderness, you will enjoy it. Regardless of my personal caveats, it is a blast to throw around and…. If you love the sounds that Ti yo-yos make, this one makes all the sounds you could ask for. The shape of the yo-yo helps amplify the Ti sounds.
Very nice on the ears… almost a Zen like situation.
…. If I can solve the correct string puzzle, my updated opinion will show up in an edit…

3 Likes