Best titanium?

G2 TiBansheeSS, this thing is a beast.

3 Likes

I have had some very nice bi-metals, the thing I like about titanium is how tough and timeless it feels. I feel like my vayder could still be a playable yoyo when I’m 80 (if the universe wills it and I make it to 80)

Aluminum is very soft and even though I’m careful they are prone to tear out when they inevitably hit hard surfaces, in a way that I haven’t personally seen with titanium, though I’m sure it is possible.

That is a gorgeous yoyo, fwiw, very nice piece you got.

I’ll second the G2 TiSS Banshee. Best one I’ve played. Pure Ti I’m going G2 Ti Peli for performance.

2 Likes

I think Hayato Itani has used the Aerodynex Ti in competitions as well fwiw, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Hiroyuki used a Tiss Anglam at some point while he competed.

You might not be able to try most ti throws before you can buy them but I would suggest, especially for the more extreme ones, that you have a look at similar yoyos (a lot of ti yoyos have aluminium versions or you can ask people for comparisons). Eg you could try a St Elmo before committing to the Mustang to see how you feel about the general shape/heavier weight/Takeshi’s preferences.

Of the ti yoyos I’ve used, the one I would recommend the most is the Luftverk Exos. Feels a bit heavier than the Vayder (though if you want stable/long spinning that’s inevitable) but still meets all your criteria I’d say. The Luftverk Octavia in some ways feels similar to the Vayder while being more stable and long spinning (though it doesn’t have standout performance in the wider scheme of things imo).

I see people recommending the Ari/Aria and, while I haven’t played those, I have used a Polaris. I love, it feels really fun to use (a bit similar to the Exos in feel on the string) but I will say it lacks stability somewhat. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the same is true of the Ari/Aria due to the common shape. Again though, superb yo-yo, one of my favourites, just wanted to give you a heads up for your criteria.

Side note: I know it’s hard to find info on ti yoyos so if these other ones I’ve used are on your shortlist lmk and I can answer any questions:
LFVKxCLYW Tundra and Alpine
YYFr Tiss Hummingbird

Other more competition/strict performance oriented ti yoyos you may want to consider that I haven’t played but have heard good things about:
SF ti Cadence: it strikes me as potentially having a similar light/manoeuvrable feel to the Vayder.
Tilderness: definitely try a Wilderness first though to make sure you like the size.
LFVK Ti Fulvia/Ultima
Could see if you can snag a Tiss Distortion when they release also. Though I imagine you want to avoid Tiss if the durability is the appeal of ti.

2 Likes

Titanic is my only Ti right now and it’s a great yoyo. It feels great, and if you can get it for 200 or less it’s a quite good deal. It’s honestly one of my favorite yoyos, and since I decided I’m keeping mine forever, I am happy to throw it in pockets with keys and to 5A it a little. I dreamed about it once during ONE July :joy:

4 Likes

I have a LNIB blue titanic for sale for $150 on the bst if anyone is interested.

I’m selling a mustang es for $350 if you’re interested

I’m loving the new atmos/clyw ti canopy! Superb yo-yo!

It’s based on otter and Polaris which is my second recommendation and available right now new.

Mowl is gonna release a Ti Infiltrate soon and that Yoyo was suuuper good. Easily the best Ti I’ve tried. I would hold out for that to drop.

1 Like

Op should jump on this titanic! Dude is saying it’s like new with box! And I’ve heard nothing but praise for this yo-yo from every person who’s tried it since it came out. For $150 you won’t find a better value

3 Likes

Agreed. $150 for a Titanic is an excellent deal.

If you want to ramp it up a little and also look at TiSS…check out Antarctica… Price of that monster is close to what a regular Ti can cost…but the performance on it…pffff.

4 Likes

I have 1 more questions for you about the mustangs, have you had experience with the rough blasted ones? Do they have string cutting issues?

A friend of mine has one and if you change string frequently it is no issue. One note though is that I find it feels unpleasant to the touch. But that’s maybe just me.

1 Like

Read disclaimer

Is titanium too tough for scotch Brite?

Oh, is that because it is too rough?

So I’ve definitely tried/owned my fair share of Ti’s and I can say with full confidence that the W1LD Tilderness is not only the best titanium I’ve ever used, but the best yoyo I’ve ever used, period. Multiple yoyoers I tremendously respect and can throw way above my paygrade have said the exact same thing. When I think Titanium, I don’t exactly think performance, but this is just so far and away a cut above the rest it’s unreal. I’ve tried most of the yoyos mentioned in this thread and the Tilderness just smokes every last one of them to the point that it’s kinda comical. It’s $400 but I’m glad I copped that and not 4 regular/mid yoyos instead.

2 Likes

For me it is an unpleasant sensation. Not sure how others feel about it.

Ones I keep going back to are Mustang es and Hydrangea Aquiligia. Totally different from each other but hit some very desirable aspects of a ti throw imo.

1 Like

Ti fallen angel is the only right answer here :joy::joy:

2 Likes