Best sub-$10 ball-bearing yo-yo?

I’ve come to the realization that I’ll want a ball-bearing yo-yo soon. I’m looking for one that I can use for a while without outgrowing, and can be easily found for under $10 (excluding shipping)–at this time, $10 is the outer limit of acceptable yo-yo pricing for me. There are some Duncan Ballistics in that price range, and I’m considering one. What others should I look at?

I started with a F.A.S.T. 201 and it did me well… I got up into advanced with it… Its ten bucks…

I reccomend going to Walmart or Toys’r’Us… Look for a Mosquito, Flying Squirrel, or FreeHand2, these are good yoyos, and you’ll save the 5 bucks on shipping…

Great starting yoyos… if you do get one of the duncans make sure you get extra friction stickers…

They don’t fit in the price range but I would really suggest spending five to ten dollars more for a plastic YoYoJam, Free Hand Two, or Free Hand Zero.

I’d spend the extra dollars and grab a Duncan FHZ, or something similar. Cheap, indestructible, and comes with everything you’ll ever need for it.

I guess I’ll raise my price range a bit and buy a Freehand. Thanks to all for the help!

You could also try a Henry’s Lizard. That’s a nice yoyo, right in your range too!

Henry’s are made in Germany, right?