Best shipping method

I just got a package from USPS and it looks like they ran it over. I just wanted to ask around and see if people have had better experiences with FedEx, DHS, or UPS?

4 Likes

It’s kind of a crap shoot. I got a FedEx package the other day, looked only slightly better than the one in your picture.

3 Likes

man, you’ll
get those one in a “million” but USPS first class, especially since things have seemed to tightened up a bit, or Priority if it’s a Priority is my go-to. Anything coming or going to me over the $200ish range i start asking/offering UPS as an option

2 Likes

I hate ups and fed ex. They are always late with my packages . I rarely have issues with usps. I hear that I am a minority on this though LOL

8 Likes

I live in an apartment building on a busy city street. USPS has access to our entryway but FedEx does not. Instead of buzzing to be let in they leave my expensive packages on the sidewalk.

I prefer USPS.

3 Likes

Remember the box is there in large part to protect what’s in the box – which it looks like it did. Good job box!

Regardless of who you ship with you always run the risk of damage in transit, so make sure you are adequately insured in case of loss of or damage to pricier throws.

Also out of courtesy, you ought to obscure the shipper’s address before posting unless you know it is not a concern of theirs.

2 Likes

For me its been the exact opposite lately! USPS being routinely delayed with UPS and FedEx on point lol

2 Likes

Yeah I hear that a lot LOL. I have had maybe 3 packs arrive late but it’s very rare considering how much I have shipped. It may just be my local post office runs really efficient I don’t know

2 Likes

I’m jinxing myself by posting this of course (especially as I’m about to ship a bunch of stuff to my parents haha) but across 15 years of BSTing at over 10 addresses along the midwest, south east, and east/west coasts, USPS has been knock-on-wood for me and never lost a package I’ve sent; scanning them has become a bit sporadic this last year though depending on the Post Offices it goes through. Plus First Class is generally faster in my experience than a private carrier’s equivalent ground shipping, something helped by USPS keeping their system moving on Saturdays for every package and not just those that pay for “Saturday delivery”. Not to mention I’ve never figured out how to send anything nearly as cheap with UPS/FedEx as I can with USPS First Class Cubic Rate. Being able to send a tracked First Class package with a yo-yo or two anywhere in the US for like $3.85 (under 8oz, like ~$4.50 for over 8 but less than 16, everything 1lb+ requires priority which starts at like $7.50) is hard to beat.

Receiving stuff is a different story, but I have had trouble with private carriers more often than USPS; I too have experienced UPS/FedEx just dumping an expensive package on a busy city sidewalk instead of taking the time to buzz in, though I blame corporate quotas and management focusing on speed over everything else instead of individual drivers. I will say though, at my most recent address FedEx is actually quite good and UPS is decent because they handle majority of Amazon’s packages so the delivery drivers are practiced at getting into the apartment complex.

I still choose to use USPS though because they are the most convenient, cost effective, and reliable option in my experience.

2 Likes

Okay since the pandemic, I have mixed feelings. USPS has been perfect when getting shipped to me here in Colorado.

Now me shipping USPS to the east coast has been horrible. Two packages to my mother-in-law in Pennsylvania have taken 3 weeks to get there.

The same identical packages to my own mother in North Carolina, are still lost in the Bermuda Triangle. I ended up finding different gifts and sent UPS to make sure they got there.

1 Like