best pocket yoyo ?

My 1st love is the Campfire… Was my VERY 1st “modern” yoyo… BUT alas I do not have one… Of what I have it is the Dingo!!!

wowwwwwww that is a sick colorway!

2 Likes

The dingo is on my list to purchase hopefully soon. But right now I own two ministars and that has to be my favorite (but I can see the dingo being right up there :), I wish it has SE)

Yeah if it had side effects it would be even more desirable. It’d be cool if they revamped it and added the side effects. They’re so useful to customize it to your play style

good god if any thing the one i will usually jump to is the od yelets if you have the cash to drop. it has a short axle so that way you dont have to worry about bending it as much. but it is expencive.

I would rather see a cafe racer.

got a Dingo… I love it! its so small and slim, and it plays really well too. its one of my new favorites

Oxygène Hyperion, CLYW Glacier Express, and CLYW puffin are all great.

I didnt know the glacier express was undersized?

I think the term “pocket yoyo” is a bit subjective to begin with. What we each consider to be a comfortable fit for a pocket depends on what we can tolerate and how big our pockets are. :wink:

To me, a pocket yoyo HAS to be slim moreso than have a small diameter. The best pocket throw I have is probably a ProYo. :wink: In the metal world something more like a Dingo seems to fit the description though I’ve never tried that particular throw.

1 Like

yeah the dingo is slim and has a small diameter. I like it quite a bit 8)

A-rt jr or sparrow are amazing and really fun

Blazing Team Tornado Strike with the hubstacks removed :stuck_out_tongue: I got it for 2 dollars at the goodwill, and it fits pretty nice in my pocket. If you want something undersized, the Werrd minute is pretty fantastic.

Wow, necroed…

Performance wise, the Masamini, hands down for the ones I have tried. Sheer fun, the Flea, and the new Popstar are a blast!

I guess my choices are more micro…

The new popstar is pretty great! I personally wasn’t a fan of the mighty flea…

While I enjoy the popstar and other undersized throws, I more often keep a Moonshine or a Walter in my pocket. It’s the width that makes something pocketable for me, not the diameter.

I have the old POPstar and love it. The Executive and Masamini are both excellent pocket throws as well. The flea is not exactly a fun throw but is definitely a challenge that fits in my pocket :smiling_imp:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

The No-Jive is an excellent pocket yo! Actually, I always have the Flea and No Jive in my pocket, often with the Masamini or new Popstar as well. ;D

I’m going to say the Heist. I don’t have experience with any of the yoyos mentioned in this thread but the Heist means business! It’s fully capable and fits in the pocket great.

wow i am surprised this thread got brought back up after like 3 1/2 yrs… well since i posted i’ve had a few pocket yoyos in my collection. here’s my thoughts:

OD Dingo: nice small size and width for pocket, still has good spin time and decent balance. I liked it

A-rt sparrow: really great yoyo. I liked the small diameter and organic shape. It had really good balance and spin time, but it was a bit wider than i liked for pocket comfort.

OD Yelets: i liked this yoyo a lot. small diameter and width, but still played just as good as a full sized. Side effects are an added bonus too.

String Theory Singularity: This is my current pocket yoyo and i’m loving it. it spins well and keeps balance. the only issue i have is the weight and response. it feels really heavy coming back to the hand, so you need to make sure you have a good bind or it will slip out.

Those are the ones i’ve had and just my thoughts on them :wink: