best pocket yoyo ?

YoYoJam.

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/92/YYJ-Mini-Motrix

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/357/YYJ-Micro-Mo

Turning point turaskis is smaller than all of these and u can land almost any trick

I like the yomega dash for a pocket throw. Heck it’s probably the smoothest throw I own.

No, no, no I mean the mini mo tu. It’s not as small as the micro mo but smaller than the mini motrix. It has been discontinued for a while but is still pretty good.

The micro mo looks really cool, but Idk if im able to spend that much right now

Well, I love my C3 Token. It’s not so incredibly small but definitely undersized. I play with it a lot and it is actually my first unresponsive metal. I had overestimated the size but I am actually glad I did. It plays really well.

To those who said Ministar, you have great taste in yoyos! It’s the most stable pocket throw I’ve ever used, and has heaps of rim weight. It’s one of my favorite throws in general, not just pocket yoyo.

The Token is a very good yoyo, but compared to the Ministar, I found that it doesn’t place favorably in the categories of both spin time, and more importantly, stability. Still a nice little yoyo, I just find the Ministar better for me.

Just note that the Ministar is on the larger end of the spectrum in terms of pocket yoyos. Still fits well in the pocket because of the slim profile though.

1 Like

Currently none of my yoyo’s really do for in the “pocket yoyo” group. I have been very curious about this one.

yeah me too, im leaning towards this over a ministar because of the price

Actually, you could get a Ministar on the BST for cheaper than a Dingo. I see Ministars go for $40 a lot, sometimes $50 or $60. The Dingo is a good throw, but I find it to be not as stable, at least compared to the Ministar.

Also the dingo is a little less forgiving since the gap is a little narrower and straighter up on the walls.

That’s not to say that the dingo is bad because its one is love to add to my collection, he popstar is a nice inexpensive pocket throw and I’ve seen some for $10 and $15.

But I love my ministar and enjoy the nice beadblasted feel and no doubt the rim weight is something else :slight_smile: Ernie made an amazing throw in the ministar. It’s indeed worth the funds you won’t be sad at all.

I always just found the Dingo to be the true definition of pocket throw. Small in width and diameter. It’s narrow so it can fit in your pocket without it being uncomfortable.

1 Like

Is the micro mo not very good?

Also the ricochet is very small and doesn’t lack in anything that I’ve noticed with my short time of throwing it.

I would consider a pocket throw in a different category than an undersized yo-yo. Having said that, I think your options depend on how much you have to spend. Also, it would depend on how much bulk you can tolerate in your pocket. I will put my recommended suggestions in 3 tiers by cost.

Tier 1:

1. Popstar. $ 25
    Your best bet, if you are short on cash and don’t want bulk in your pocket. Cool just to mess around if you are out and about.

Tier 2:
Dingo $50. You can find them cheaper on the BST, but it happens to be my favorite pocket throw at the moment. The Popstar is great for the price, but you can get something more stable that spins longer, for more money. The Dingo is the absolute perfect shape and size for your pocket. I would say that you cannot go wrong with the size, the price, or the way it plays.

Cafe Racer. $65 I prefer the Cafe Racer to the Yelets. It has more bulk than a Dingo, but plays more like your average throw, so that makes it fun. One of my favorite pocket sized throws.

Tier 3:

St. Eel. $95 The price is up there, but it’s a great little yo-yo, and fits nicely in your pocket too.

Yelets. $85 I’m not as fond of this one in shape, but it’s smooth. It adds more bulk but like the Cafe Racer plays closer to what you’d get in a full size throw. It was advertised as a pocket throw, and it does the job.

Ministar $89 I think? It’s a nice pocket throw, but more bulk than a Dingo, PopStar or St. Eel. Yet, not as much bulk as a Yelets or Cafe Racer.

In order from left to right:

Flea, Pixy, Littles, St. Eel, Micro Mo, PopStar, Dingo, Token Ministar

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8514/8582197513_1de76fe2e1_z.jpg
microsb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8383/8582199281_5316bba649_z.jpg
micros by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8249/8583326596_28c8e0a6d1_z.jpg
micros3 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

If you need side by side shots, of a specific two, let me know, and I’ll post it for you.

2 Likes

I got a couple of undersized throws in with a recent order. I like both of them better than my token. I don’t have alot of throw time on them, but they seem pretty stable. The OD Y-Factor which is a little bigger than the token, but seems to be much more stable and lighter on the string. The other is the Magic YoYo N8. Its the same size as the token. I’ve only thrown it a couple of times, but both times It was a nice smooth yoyo with good spin time.

Yeah I think im most likely gonna go with a dingo… I think it seems like the best one for me

To me, undersized does not equal “pocket”. It’s all about the width and very little to do with the diameter! I mean, any looper will fit into your pocket more comfortably than a Supra, despite the significantly higher diameter of the looper.

For this reason, the Token didn’t work out for me as a pocket throw. I don’t think I own anything that’s a great pocket throw right now. Dingo looks like a good option to me, too, though!

I like my Micro Mo it plays great and can handle almost anything you throw at it. Fits perfect even in tight pockets also it has been discontinued so it will get harder to find

ive heard good things about the dingo by onedrop. but i havent tried one.

I vote dingo. Really good throw despite it’s TINY TINY TINY size